Mod Jacmob may left Jagex

Discussion in 'General' started by Furor, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Mod Jacmob, the guy who is famous for creating RSBuddy and who created the BotWatch system which almost completely took out botting on RS, has apparently left Jagex recently. This means that Jagex no longer has their ace in the hole against RuneScape botting, as bots become more advanced it's likely that Jagex may not be able to keep up without his expertise.

2. interesting...
  3. Sounds nice :D
  4. Let's hear @Arbiter 's opinion on this, as he seems to be the only person around here that is in contact with Jacmob.
    skrall likes this.
  5. Legend has it that Jacmob told Jagex every thing he knows

I think Jagex has plenty of devs that know how to detect bots by now.
    Microsoft likes this.
  6. jagex has plenty of smart developers they will carry on and expand jacmobs left over experience.
  7. I don't quite understand. Is he the developer of the old RSBuddy macroing program? Or is he an Orion dev?
  8. Owner of old rsbuddy, the bot version.
    Bertrand likes this.
  9. Well, if that is true, then it's not bad to hear ;)
  10. Did I ever told you the legend of Darth Plagueis the wise?
  11. Confirmed. I didn't want to be the one to leak it, but since it's out no harm no foul.
    thejaru, Furor and EvilCabbage like this.
  12. Any idea how this will affect botting in future?
  13. Not at all in the short term. In the long run, we'll have a better shot at recovering our lead on Jagex.
  14. Are you like, friends or companions with the famos Jac?
  15. I consider him a close friend. We don't chat as much as we used to, considering how our paths diverged and how busy we both are.
  16. would he become part of our community?
  17. Unlikely, but I would love to see it happen.
  18. 2010 botting adventure is gonna return.
    vipertrek79 likes this.
  19. I mean thats just not true. I have been in contact with Jacmob consistently since he left rsbuddy.