1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question More questions for the bot authors

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by Daniel, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Daniel

1. How many accounts have you had banned?
    2. Do you use your own bots for anything other than debugging, testing, and releasing? For your own personal in-game money gain, for example.
    3. If you don't have an account that has the requirements for X thing, will you make a new account and bot it until it has the requirements?
    The only real thing holding me back from writing bots is getting my account(s) banned before I'm able to finish writing them and essentially having wasted that money on membership (bond or real money, doesn't matter).

2. Party

Party Client Developer

1. One - not using my own bots, relatively new account.
    2. Why do you think I wrote NMZ and Pest Control? :p
    3. My main is satisfactory, otherwise I'll ask people who want the bot to be developed to supply accounts for development.

You should never really have accounts banned whilst developing a bot. Honestly, just invest some time into getting a proper main, and don't bot on it much apart from during development.

Savior likes this.
  3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

1. As long as i took care of my accounts, none of them have been banned. Only once i started saying "fuck it" and went full suicide one or another one got banned.
    2. Yes, used my fisher for 99 on RS3 and 81 on osrs. A yet unpublished construction bot for 99 on rs3, my runespan bot for 99 runecrafting, teak crystallizer for 99 woodcutting, curly roots bot for 99 firemaking, and quite a few more bots that i only wrote for my own needs.
    3. Almost maxed on RS3, not really interested in OSRS, so irrelevant question for me.

4. chris121

i still hold 99 fishing after using saviors premium bot, couldn't be anymore grateful.

5. awesome123man

awesome123man Go check out new bots and give helpful feedback.

1. How many accounts have you had banned?

Too many to count. When I first started here I was a shitty java coder and bot author. I botted too long and never changed skills. Playersense is also something that is still relatively new so only my newer bots have it.

2. Do you use your own bots for anything other than debugging, testing, and releasing? For your own personal in-game money gain, for example.

Yes many of my bots were created because I needed them as well as other people.

3. If you don't have an account that has the requirements for X thing, will you make a new account and bot it until it has the requirements?

Most of the time I ask for accounts as up until recently I haven't had an account get high stats without getting banned. My newish one seems to be breaking that trend :)

6. Jhinn

1) I think two or three accounts.
    2) Yes, easiest money in my life tbh.
    3) Yes, or ask for one if it's development related.

7. gaur chandra

gaur chandra Arnav

I got my main account banned after using it for 2 hours. It only happened after selecting same centre as radius 1. I guess it repeats same pattern over and over while returning back to the same spot after banking. I was mining Iron ore in the mining guild.

8. Daniel

I've put so many hours in my main account (2k+ total, quest cape, many elite diaries done, etc) (OSRS of course, fuck RS3) and it received a 2-day ban years ago. I'm not willing to risk this account whatsoever.

Guess I'll just do with my noob account.

9. Swych

1. How many accounts have you had banned? In total over 60. Largely due to cursed bot farm accounts but had at least 5 mains over the years banned
    2. Do you use your own bots for anything other than debugging, testing, and releasing? For your own personal in-game money gain, for example. I use my bots a lot for my own purposes such as farming or just working towards max on my main.
    3. If you don't have an account that has the requirements for X thing, will you make a new account and bot it until it has the requirements? My main has requirements for most if not all bottable content, my alt is also on its way to that too.

10. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

1. 1, suspiciously after Cloud borrowed it for some reason. He must've done some odd shenanigans hehe.
    2. Yeah I like PvM and quest a lot.
    3. I have lend multiple accounts in the past if I wanted to support something I couldn't do with my own account.

11. Jhinn

This can't be a coincidence, the same thing happened to me! @Cloud you got some explaining to do fam.

12. awesome123man

This is not the correct thread to post the ban report for my bot. But since you did it here, how long have you been using the bot? Have you used any other bots in the past? How long was the longest session? Did the bot have any bugs that would have gotten you banned?

13. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Mate playersense has been here since forever

14. awesome123man

For me :p I did think about revising that statement as i meant for me

15. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

How many accounts have you had banned? Numerous (divination botfarm) + My old main (not using my own bots.)

Do you use your own bots for anything other than debugging, testing, and releasing? For your own personal in-game money gain, for example. I used to, before losing interest of the game.

If you don't have an account that has the requirements for X thing, will you make a new account and bot it until it has the requirements? I mostly ask other devs if they have whatever data I need (or if they can help me get it) because I'm a lazy piece of shit.

16. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

hehe xd

17. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

You can't meme around that account, that account was all my motivation LUL

18. Aria

1) Over a thousand
    2) Goldfarming
    3) I'd borrow an account with the reqs from another dev or whoever is commissioning the bot that I'm writing