1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My experience with Runemate

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by biblo, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biblo

FOR OSRS

I've been using runemate for about nearly a month on and off. Surprisingly, I haven't gotten banned using more than 5 different bots. To decrease the likelihood of getting banned, I used bots with 3-5 star ratings, with good reviews in recent dates. Bots that included power-leveling were a lot slower than I thought it would be. For a lot of the bots I used, my xp/hr rates were halved from what I could get by playing myself. In general, a lot of the bots moved like bots (really slow). I maxed out my free opportunity of using this bot, and I can say with conviction that I won't be upgrading or adding credit as of now. The premium bots available are arguably worse than the free ones in the same category. Bots available for supporters are not intriguing in the least and does not encourage me to become one. Skills that you'd want to bot aren't available in abundance (runecrafting), nor is there a half decent functioning bot for the skill(s) in question. Many bots that are still available to add to the client are outdated and bad, leaving potential customers at risk of a ban.

To make this long story short, I was underwhelmed with what RuneMate had to offer me. I'm still grateful for the stats I did accomplish using semi-decent bots. Out of fear of losing an account I progressed far with, I will not continue using runemate unless the quality of the bots are improved and new bots are created for skills I'd really want to bot. The interface was nice to look at.

Overall I'd give runemate a 3/5 at best.

Edit: I did quests in between using scripts bots, did farm runs, paused the script bot and actually played for about 5-10 minutes to offset recognizable patterns. I did babysit a lot initially to determine whether the bot could run by itself for hours without error. Ran a few bots overnight, but never for more than 6 hours (without my interference). I did many other activities like diaries, fight caves, and switched up the skills I trained.

#1 biblo, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  2. Defeat3d

Defeat3d Primate

i give this review a 2/5 at best

3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Why though he's not wrong.

@biblo though I think that you can't expect bots to work well if you're not willing to give constructive criticism on what the author can do better. If the author ignores you for a longer period of time, sure, you can leave a bad review to let other people know he probably doesn't care about the project anymore. But apart from 1 review I can't seem to find anything helpful you ever contributed.

4. RSWilliam

I have mixed feelings about this review. To be honest it is pretty accurate in some sense. For instance, A lot of the free bots are just as good as paid/support scripts bots and there is a lot lacking in some skills you'd expect to see some decent scripts bots like Runecrafting. A good number of scripts bots do seem a little slow and "bot like". However from my experience the ban rates using runemate seem to be lower than other bot clients. Even when using some of the more questionable scripts bots you'd be surprised that after running them for extended periods of time. Runemate is a really great client and even though it lacks in a few aspects I wouldn't even risk using another client because your chances of being banned are drastically higher when using anything free on those.

5. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

RuneMate:
    Pros:
    • Best public client available imo
    • Decently active developers
    • Very low banrates
    • Solid overall
    • Pay as you go model
    Cons:

• Somewhat slow/not super efficient memory wise
    • Fairly inactive admins
    • Slack is more active than forums
    • Somewhat limited amount of bots (but I think we have all the basics)
    • Premium isn't always better than free
    • Some broken bots (just don't use them)
    • Pay as you go model
    I listed more cons here, but it's still the best bot I've tried for the sheer reason that it seems to be undetected mostly and the ban rate is very low.

RSWilliam likes this.
  6. RSWilliam

This is why I use Runemate and why I will continue use it.

7. Negrita

I would strongly encourage you to
    • Reach out to the bot author (either pm or on the specific bot thread) and tell them the problems you are experiencing
    • If you lack a bot, post it in the request section.

Voids have a tendency to get filled
    ~Arbiter
    But first we must know what the void is :^)

8. denniz1998

ive botted on 3 accounts
    made on the same ip - pc- time - place
    i botted like the first hour (doing quests skilling and training attack def and str)
    so i tried to be like not a to a ''typical'' bot account with getting the most xp out of the time you have
    over 4 hours so i earned like 15 att - def - str, 25 wc and cooking quest
    got banned the next day

early this week i decided to try how a suicide bot makes his way out of life in rs, after like 2 hours of botting banned

- i didnt bot for more than 4 hours a day
    - i talked
    - i did random things in game
    - i didnt bot for more than 60 minutes a time with 60 minutes rest
    - i had normal rs names not like jsddf9945

how the fuck is this possible ? i bot for like 5-6 years if it aint more, after 2 years of not playing found my way back to botting in osrs and in my opinion this is the worst botting program or is botting in osrs over ? seems like it isnt makeable to bot a account before getting banned in 24hrs

9. blisterz

Botting is very hard now. I can tell you your bans were not related to runemate itself.

Which bots did you use? If you used a combat bot at cows or chickens in a f2p world its likely you got reported there.

The first few days after account creation are heavily monitored.

#9 blisterz, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    denniz1998 likes this.
  10. Negrita

From inactive, to playing +4 hours a day would triggers a flag somewhere, perhaps. I had a similar thing happens when I came back after a year.

Several people here have near combat maxed accounts with +1.7K total using RM.

denniz1998 likes this.
  11. denniz1998

first of all thanks for youre comment

i did use maxiwoodcut lite and cow lover and autominer (banned in 2 hrs)

i did remember back in the days using rsbuddy, but now it is to much work for me to put so much effort in botting
    back in the days i used to make like 1 mil each week for like 2 years long withouth getting banned i put so much effort in creating accounts making schedules, upgrading my pc, had some accounts with 90+ skilling sad to see what it is what it is now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.