1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY STUFF GOT SCAMMED USING ALPHA FIGHTER

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by degreefkevin, Mar 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. degreefkevin

hello there.
    I was recently using alpha fighter script bot for a couple hours.
    i got logged out and was unable to log in again for a few minutes.
    When i finally logged in i was not at my training spot anymore but at the grand exchange,
    all my stuff was gone ( over 250M Worth ) .
    Is this the way they work? when they see a decent gear they just take it ?
    and no, no one know's my account password

#1 degreefkevin, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Think logically my man, Alpha Fighter is THE most used bot on Runemate and I've never heard of this happening. Also, while 250m is a lot, it's nothing compared to what Runemate's reputation is worth.

Every bot on Runemate undergoes manual code review/approval, and I can promise you that no one at runemate took your stuff. There's a few possibilities of how you got hacked.
    • If you logged into the runescape website recently, especially via clicking an ad, email, or something on twitch, you likely got phished.
    • It could be a runescape private server, fansite or other botting site that stole your password
    • Your info could be on a past breached password list. You can check haveibeenpwned.com and enter your email there to see (for example, both epicbot and powerbot have been breached in the past)
    • You just got keylogged or something, but in "current year" that's unlikely.
    I'm sorry you got hacked, but there's no chance it was anyone here.

American Express likes this.
  3. degreefkevin

i totally undestand your point of view . but i don't think i got keylogged cause i never use ads to log in to something..
    i never have use powerbot or epicbot aswell. i do not play rsps.
    the thing that i do not understand is, i was training when logged of . my password has not been changed.
    so if i was logged in, nobody could log into my account. think logically too..
    there was no break handler activated so no reason to log out.
    the only site i have use for my account is Runemate and only that one.
    i checked the site you told me and i got this message ;

Good news — no pwnage found!
    No breached accounts and no pastes (subscribe to search sensitive breaches)

4. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Even if the Bot Author of Alpha Fighter wanted to hack your account, Bot Authors do not get access to your account credentials which are encrypted within the RuneMate client.

There's no way RuneMate would risk its reputation hacking a single user for just 250m. That might sound like a lot of money to you, but among tens of thousands of users who pay real life money to use RuneMate, it is nothing.

There have been countless threads over the years complaining about being hacked, and most result in the person later realising that they've been compromised elsewhere. The rest are people in denial.

If RuneMate or individual bots wanted to hack people, they'd do it to the accounts that have billions of GP, not 250m. But as I said above, this isn't sustainable!

5. sproket

I'd like to just put out there that i've been using AlphaFighter for years now on multiple accounts with massive banks in comparison, I've never had any sort of issue whether it be with the bot in question or RuneMate in general. I've found it to be the most secure one especially in comparison to other bots out there. This is a business for the owners and they make a lot more from keeping RuneMate running and successful then hacking your relatively small stack.

Like the other guys have said, It's going to be an internal security breach of your computer which i'd get on top of straight away because that could go a whole lot further then just your OSRS account. Hopefully you can get it sorted without any further issues, If you need any help I'm sure someone here can guide you in the right direction to secure everything, otherwise there is plenty of information available out there.

6. Driftson

Driftson Shooting up KFC's

yes i hacked u

HighHeat likes this.
  7. HighHeat

my accounts have bank while making bank !!!! these bots give me no issues check your shit out bro

8. Rawb1992

idk why but I just feel like this whole story is fabricated. no bot author is going to steal your little 250m from you.

9. UnionJack

Maybe not 250m, but he broke into my home and stole all of my straws.

10. SlashnHax

#savetheturtles

UnionJack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.