1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Native Installers

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Krosden, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Krosden

Are the new native installers any different to running the old RuneMate.jar

I see that the new installer folder has a RuneMate.jar in it anyway, and that running the RuneMate.exe just seems to take longer to open the client (32bit).

Just wondering if there was any extra background processes it was doing to help run anything, or whether we can keep running the old .jar file like normal. :)

EDIT: Is it just to resolve issues with installing on other operating systems.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Aidden, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

I'm pretty sure it's just for ease of use for new users, if you already have the client running fine with the standalone version, you can stick with that, you're not losing any functionality or anything like that. The main point of the installer from my understanding is to install the appropriate java version if the user doesn't have it which also helps users on other operating systems get the client running.

4. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Yeah it's purely a user experience thing. Functionality is identical across all versions, including standalone. It takes a little longer to start-up, because the native builds are doing an extra update check on start-up. This is because the traditional auto-update process won't work in protected areas like C://Program Files or the Applications folder on OSX.

Krosden likes this.