1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Navigation in PoH

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by lb25, Aug 17, 2019.

1. lb25

Hi I am trying to navigation in my PoH. Mostly for wall and room detection.

My bot works well just building and removing my larder, but to navigate into the room, because I want it to be dynamic, at this stage I reply on osrs automatic movement when interacting with objects. So I naturally get as close as I can then just click build on the object and he runs around.

The only way I can think of for how to map my rooms at this stage is to assume that the portal room is a 5*5 (or whatever the size is) coordinate square and my whole house is effectively 5*5 blocks. Then just find where the object is that I want to build remove, and calculate which grid it is in, then I can go to an exact coordinate every time.

In my situation I really want my player to run into my larder room, then go to my larder and hug one of the two walls. When doing this, the servant doesn't get stuck as often.

Looking for perhaps a better solution.

2. BruteForce

PoH rooms are always a perfect square of 8 tiles in each direction.
    Oak larder is always located in exactly the same place within Kitchen.
    Thus the Kitchen walls will always be exact same distance from the larder, regardless of house layout.
    You can debug/calculate this for your house, and it should apply to every other house aswell.

Also the camera angle is very important - you want the camera angle where misclicks won't force bot to walk into another room.

#2 BruteForce, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  3. lb25

Perfect thanks. I have assumed that the home portal coordinates are identical for everyone. So I have use that has my reference point for working out where it is in the room.