1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some non-runescape related computer help

Discussion in 'General' started by someoneelse, Feb 2, 2016.

1. someoneelse

Hey guys so anyways I'll get right to it, we have to take tests on this thing called respondus lockdown browser here at my school which basically makes it so you can not open up any other program while you're using it and I really want to be able to open a internet browser at the same time (for obvious reasons). if any of you people on here who are good with computers could help me figure out how to do that I'll pay you in cash or rsgp (we can decide on a price before you do any work).
    Thanks for reading!

2. abasagoitia

I do not know the specifics of respondus lockdown. However, I have maintained my University's equivalent. You can usually use a keybinding such as windows button + D to flash to the desktop and then attempt to do what you want from there.

Alternatively, you could try ctrl + shift + escape to open the task manager. From there you could run chrome.exe or some other browser. Some windows images disable the task manager so this is hit or miss.

windows button + r will open the run prompt and you can type chrome.exe there.

I did some further research and it seems that it is pretty secure so I bet my solutions will not work. You could run it in a virtual machine.

I would gives those a shot but no guarantees. Usually it is easier to study than to figure out how to cheat. Especially since most tests using this type of software also have some sort of screen monitoring software running along side it.

Qosmiof2 likes this.
  3. Qosmiof2

Qosmiof2 I've been called a god before.

If you want to cheat, it would be easier to use your phone

4. abasagoitia

I would agree with Qosmiof2. Most of those programs are pretty secure and even at that, I am not sure what kind of set up your school has but at the college you go to a small room and they have a camera on you at all times monitor your screen, have the webcam activated, basically it is pretty cheat proof. Just practice what you need before hand before you test. Otherwise your phone is your best chance. If you are doing anything math related I would suggest the app Wolframalpha if you do not already have it.