1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS New to botting

Discussion in 'General' started by ImprisonedCows, Nov 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ImprisonedCows

Hey so I just decided that I was going to start botting one day, and I literally just started 47 hours ago or so, lol. So far so good, no bans whatsoever, I learned from educated people that I should keep my botting client to a bare minimum about 2-3 hours per session before getting a 30-40 minute break.

Can someone tell me if this is accurate or can I just run it on an infinite loop with only an hour break before each time? What other tips do you have on how I can make money with botting? Like what's the best botting method?

I'm doing woodcutting right now so I can reach lvl 99 and woodcut Magic trees lightning fast. This should get me like 135k/hour or over 1.35m per day.

I also completely forgot to ask, if Jagex eventually finds something odd, and they decide to ban me, will all my accounts be banned or just the account I'm botting on? I heard of chain-bans but I didn't see anyone elaborate on that.

I'm using maxi woodcutting so it's by far the best bot out of the bunches that I've tried so far. It's also the most expensive at $0.08/hour and hours go by quickly so it's like $50 a month.

2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

You mean you bot for 2-3 hours without stopping before going on a break? I'm not sure if you misunderstood the advice given to you, but maybe they meant to bot for 2-3 hour sessions including breaks during it? Because botting for 2-3 hours with no breaks is sketchy on an account you care about. When I bot on my main, I typically do 30-60 min sessions with 15-20 min breaks, and I don't bot a lot of sessions in a day (because I'd really rather my main not get banned lol). But the average user does anywhere between 3-8 hours of botting a day, with likely 10-30 min breaks. These are all personal preference depending on your risk tolerance.

Most people would probably say Zulrah, Chinchompas, maybe fishing/mining/woodcutting, but those aren't typically very profitable. Anything you can find on the wiki that has a bot Money making guide

It's pretty much impossible for jagex to chainban an account that you've never botted on. It is arguably possible that jagex flags IPs and makes you more likely to get banned, but this isn't really proven and using proxies or whatever isn't much better/necessary.

Also hi

3. ImprisonedCows

Oh thanks for the response. I actually forgot to mention that I'm on a throw-away account, completely new account. But I have been botting 12 hours a day without any issues whatsoever. I meant to say 2 hours and 30 minutes, solid, no breaks. Then when that time is up (I set a countdown) I close the bot and close runescape for 20-40min. Then repeat cycle.

I think 6 hours a day is too low tbh, you can't really get much if anything out of that. I'm willing to risk my lvl 15 suicide account. I also pimped him out like full armor so people don't just report me because it'd be very difficult to tell.