1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS [Noob Guide - OSRS/RS3] Using Windows Installer on Google Cloud Server

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Lad, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Lad

Lad

[Noob Guide] Using Windows Installer On a Google Cloud Server
    Info: Google has a free 365 day $300 credit for trying their cloud servers. Here you can get your own vps for botting on. By far not the best solution; however, free is free!

I noticed that some people are receiving a message when trying to install OldSchool.msi or RuneScape.msi. Very easy to bypass this, however this is for the people who don't know (obviously).
    "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."
    [​IMG]

Just a couple very simple steps to bypassing this:

Step 1.)
    Open the start menu, you'll see a Command Promt. Right click that to run as administrator.
    [​IMG]

Step 2.) Copy the file path to your OldSchool.msi, or RuneScape.msi installation.
    Paste it into the command prompt (right click > paste)
    [​IMG]

Step 3.) Press Enter, then you are all set to install your choice of Runescape or Oldschool Runescape.

Hope this helped you noobs out there!!

[​IMG]

HAPPY BOTTING

2. nathantkd

informative. But just a quick question, i've set up a 2016 windows VM using it. But, when i go on internet explorer ive changed my settings to trusted and added websites and enabled downloads etc. And it still won't let me download another browser, or rune mate or runescape, ive tried everything i can think of and i tried to look at how to transfer files from the Google bucket onto the VM instance. im using the RDP to access it, i'm not sure if that's what the problem is. Any ideas? or perhaps even a link to an existing tutorial or youtube video that might explain my problem for me.

3. real7ty

you're a legend

4. cakefan

Perfect, thanks.

5. purebhslayer

I have the same issue as this user, tried everything. I can't seem to download anything

6. Lad

Lad

Sorry for the (very) late reply, I have been away. You can copy/paste a google chrome installation from your PC to the server.

Edit: Same thing goes for anything you wish to install. I'd recommend not even worrying about installing a new browser, just send the files from your PC to the server and you will be GOLDEN!