1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nooby question about bans

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by loli, Feb 19, 2017.

1. loli

Hey guys, I'm not completely clueless when it comes to botting; I have botted here and there over many years.
    However, I've alwayss just suicide botted and never really played the game with a main account I've cared about.. but I have a main this time around and I'm actually starting to care about the game.
    Which brings me to the question.. how do IP bans work in this game?
    I would like to continue botting on my bot accounts but I'm worried about the safety of my main account.. Does jagex link accounts through ip or even ip ban at all? Do I need a vpn when I'm botting to keep my main account safe?
    ?
    ?
    :(

2. S Cript

S Cript Discord: https://discord.gg/VPzHwCm

Same IP on multiple accounts. 2 banned, both my fault. no chain bans

loli likes this.
  3. loli

Yeah I figured as much.
    I've never heard of an IP ban in this game but I just wanted to check and make sure. Have you ever heard of it?

4. S Cript

S Cript Discord: https://discord.gg/VPzHwCm

Chain bans are like the boogy man around here. Yeah they probably do happen, but only enough to put the fear of God in everyone.

loli likes this.
  5. loli

Alright, thank very much for the info my guy <3

6. Aria

Also, cache bans (caused by not clearing the Jagex cache files after a ban) are often mistaken as chain ip bans.

7. loli

interesting. So they ban "related" account by cache info?

8. Aria

I believe unique information about each account is saved within the cache. There's also quite a few accounts of people reporting elevated ban rates/instant bans even when using different IPs until they cleared their cache. IP does have some relevance in how Jagex bans/detects people, from my experience in DarkScape.

9. Jaakkol

Jaakkol Fire caper

Don't use VPN. You have already logged in with the same ip you got banned earlier, if you haven't changed it. So the damage is pretty much done already.

I'm not sure how aggressively Jagex use's IPs to flag botters, but I think they would be stupid to not do that to track the suicide botters.

10. blood1000

I've been botting for around 10 years (on and off) and there are a couple things I've noticed;
    1. People have always worried about their mains being banned even if they've not botted them, I have never had any associated accounts banned from botting ever, and I've never seen posts about it, so don't worry about that, however, if you goldfarm and trasfer the gold to your main you may get banned if you're caught.

2. Only up until recently have I found Jagex being able to catch bots easier than before, they also banning much quicker too

3. I've never used a proxy, didn't see it as necessary

11. kezm0n

I've run up to 80 accounts before. Some were banned. Some weren't. I've never had the entire lot banned. I'm guessing just the ones that fckd up and got stuck in spots etc were flagged and banned. But yeah, I wouldn't worry about every account used on your IP being banned. I always kept one main that was never botted on and it remained untouched despite a handful of other accounts being banned on that same IP.