1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

our account info is secure right?

Discussion in 'General' started by memberya2, May 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memberya2

my friend is paranoid because i guess when people used rs buddy which was a bot
    the owner of it jacmob gave all the account info of the people using it to jagex
    runemate is secure right? the passwords are encrypted?

i just wanna make sure as i wasnt sure when you type in your username and password
    so the client can login i always assumed that the info was stored on the computer
    and not on the server it seems to me like if it is on the server it should be stored
    on the computer.

2. rubyeyes1993

Been here for 2years with a +1b account , so i think you good

3. BIGFATMIKE

Oddly enough, I made a new account a few days ago. Played on it for about 5 hours. Logged off and came back 24 hours later and my character was in the middle of the wilderness, I was definitely in the cow fields in Lumby when I logged off. About 15k was taken from account but nothing else missing... I scanned my computer with three different virus software and nothing was picked up. This is the only program I have used that I have put the email and password in. I even used a completely new email address. When I logged in it said: "last online 3 hours ago"

4. rubyeyes1993

out of curiosity , is this a email / password combination you used before ? :)

5. Swych

Do you know insane it is that every person who "gets hacked by runemate" only downloads it in the last few days, has never used anything else, always has secure logins and 2FA? It wasn't us, sorry to hear you got hacked though.

MrBlazinHerbs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.