1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource [PATCH] "Unable to create advertising"

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Resources' started by Parametric, Mar 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Parametric

I (if this is illegal I didn't write it) wrote a patch that modifies jagexappletviewer.jar so that it doesn't create the "Unable to create advertising" error when more than 2 clients are already open. It's open source and pretty simple to understand but here is the rundown.

1. Copies the original jar as a backup under a new name and deletes the original
    2. Loads the copied jar into memory
    3. Modifies a specific class by adding 4 instructions that cause it to skip past the code that throws the error
    4. Writes the modified file and all other classes to a new jar file
    5. Omits the manifest security keys and hashes so that it won't throw security exceptions and can be loaded

Repository: Parametric/rs-client-patch
    Go to Releases: Parametric/rs-client-patch
    Download (or compile it yourself) rspatch.jar and run it. If you then check your jagexcache/jagexlauncher/bin folder and see a jagexappletviewer_original.jar it worked. If you don't see it try and run it from the command line with "java -jar rspatch.jar" and check the output for some tips.

Now you can open all of the clients you want, whenever you want.

According to the official RuneScape rules:
    • It must not hide or encourage the hiding of any of the adverts on our website. To avoid encouraging users to hide the advert above the game, the pane displaying pages from our website must default to at least 630 pixels high (if viewed on a screen with a resolution higher than 800x600), and it must not be possible to resize it to less height than that, i.e. the page must be displayed in such a way that both the game and advert are fully visible at the same time.
    The game client hasn't successfully displayed advertisements in I'm not even sure how long so I don't think this is against the rules, nor is it even detectable. I haven't been banned.

#1 Parametric, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    stasherman, awesome123man and tyb51 like this.