1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Pattern stopper scripts

Discussion in 'Bot Requests' started by blood1000, Apr 1, 2021.

1. blood1000

Hi All

A long time ago during the RSbot days I tried scripting, unfortunately I was pretty bad at it and my scripts bots would get me banned far too quickly...But I was thinking about anti-ban and looking up information on BotWatch, it looks like Jagex (In Rs3 atleast, it's unclear about old school) can be set it to concentrate on certain activities in game and compare people's play style similarities and patterns to determine botting meaning, many people using the same script bot at the same time can increase the risk of a ban.

If you look at anti-ban on a simply script bot like an auto teleporter, you will generally have the option to vary the timing between clicks by a set margin, for instance, wait between 3-5 seconds per click, take a break for 1-2 minutes every 30-40 minutes etc but with enough time these patterns will be recognised.

My idea is for a very simple script bot that will constantly alter the values of the delays, for instance every time the bot is about to click teleport it rolls a virtual dice between 1-100, if it lands on any numbers between 1-95 it will continue with the same 3-5 second break between clicks, if the dice rolls between 95-100 then it will trigger a new set of random wait times by rolling another dice to decide what those new set of wait times would be, for example it will now wait between 2-6 seconds between each click. Another thing you could add is if the main dice lands one a certain number, let's say 1 it will then trigger, click stats, if it lands on 2 it will take a 1-3 minute break, lands on 3 it will logout for 10 minutes, lands on 4 it might join or leave a clan chat, lands on 5 the next 10-20 clicks will take 8-15 seconds each etc then revert back to the current values.

Is this possible? do you think it would it be worth someone doing?

On a side note, I was experimenting with creating a simple mouse click with no variations, I high alched for a total of three hours by hand, I then saved the script bot and ran it on a fresh account for about 12 hours a day for about two weeks, I did not train any other skills and tried to make it as obvious as possible, over a month later, still no ban. I know bans for high alching are very rare as it is however, I feel given there are no repeats for atleast 3 hours, it checks stats, joins and leaves cc's and a few other bits it is unlikely to get any ban...unless reported perhaps, but what I am fairly certain of is that it's not being detected by the systems, this is despite ignoring every single random coming through.

2. Memer

Wouldn't be hard, e.g. plenty of good scripts bots will already go to the skill page and hover over the skill they are botting, to make it look humanlike. It all depends how complicated the scriptwriter wants to make it.

3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

In a long enough timeframe, these too are just more actions to be added to a pattern. You say that over time jagex can potentially detect that delays fall within certain values, and you'd be right. If you, for example, delay between 1-2 seconds between every alch, over time it could be mapped to find what that range and average is.

But even more complex patterns eventually boil down to still being patterns. For example, the next step up would be gaussian distribution, where you have a range to delay 1-2 seconds, with an average of 1.3 seconds, that way it'll look like you usually click quickly but there's outliers where you click quick. But eventually that too can be detected, the average of 1.3 seconds can be found.

You could take it further and sometimes have an extreme outlier (like I have my AFK handler, to afk a few seconds every few minutes). That hypothetically helps by adding more variation, but there's no reason jagex couldn't just toss out the outliers as anyone doing a statistical analysis of anything would. Logging out for breaks arguably helps, but that's moreso likely because then you aren't simulating a player who plays constantly all day. A player who takes breaks is more realistic.

Adding other stuff like skill hovering, joining CCs, sending a message, clicking on something, etc etc is arguably a regression of "antiban". When I play legit, I extremely rarely join a CC, I quite rarely hover skills or send random messages or whatever. So you'd either have to weight these "antibans" so extremely low that they'd hardly ever trigger (therefore be useless), or you'd start weighting them too much and they'd just become part of the pattern. Over dozens or hundreds of hours jagex could average out that "on average every 13 minutes the bot hovers the skill".

Using a mouse recorder is interesting and useful for some things, especially for stuff that's harder to write bots for (I used a mouse recorder for 3 hours to get Rogue gear on my accounts). And it could be used to good effect instead of botting, but as you've seen it's mostly useful only for extremely simple things like alching, or for use while babysitting it (like when I used it for rogue's).

This type of stuff has been discussed and thought about a lot, but the common consensus is usually just that adding more "random" things are just more unneccesary markers to average out in a bot's fingerprint. When it comes down to it, the best defense against bans is just to use a robust bot and only bot reasonable hors, with breaks. The easiest way to get banned is to use a half baked bot or a mouse recorder in a complex situation that just gets stuck and starts running back and forth. I've seen plenty of videos on r/2007scape where people use mouse recorders on mining, accidentily move their mouse, and the account is just wandering in circles.

blood1000 likes this.
  4. blood1000

Thank you, that's really well-written & inciteful.