1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pausing a script and interfering considered bad?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Bodzah, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Bodzah

If i was to pause a script bot and say hop worlds for example would this do more harm then good?
    Like if the mouse movement suddenly switches and comes in from a different side of the display it would look suspicious. I've always wondered so interested to know

Thanks

Voomeup likes this.
  2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

All we can really do is make assumptions as no one here has insider info on this, but I think the consensus would probably be "it doesn't really matter".

Jagex supposedly takes in a lot of info to detect who's botting, but one time events like this where the player intervenes probably nets positive more than negative, as it can be argued that the player suddenly controlling will be "antiban".

But again, all we have are assumptions we can make.

Voomeup and Leachh3h3 like this.
  3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

doesnt matter in the slightest

Voomeup and CuppaJava like this.
  4. Leachh3h3

I always wondered if they use some kind of pattern detection to compare game files, and look for accounts who train in the same way or something.

And if that was true, the more you interrupt it and mix up the pattern the better

Would explain why private/premium scripts bots are safer, if there's less people to compare you to

I used to think Jagex downloads and tests all the scripts bots and puts in markers in their system to identify that script bot based on how the script bot performs when they tested it, that would be really time consuming though

I've noticed autoclickers and mouse recorders have low ban rate, but it seems to be much higher if you record a small loop Ie one inventory of stringing bows over and over, rather than replaying an hour mouse recording of you fletching.

Also seems that when a bot/mouse recorder gets stuck and spam clicks something or gets stuck, it flags something. Many times I have been banned shortly after discovering my account stuck or doing the same action over and over.

Youtubers have had accounts falsely banned before when playing multiple accounts at the same time, namely A friend and Gudi. This means that they don't rely on bot client detection to figure out if you're botting. - (Could be a Jagex propoganda campaign, to make us think they have no client detection, by banning youtubers, doubt that though.)

Also it's been documented that if you use a bot client but don't bot, the account wont get banned. You see it all the time, where mules dont get banned but the farm does, even though they logged in using the client.

I always assumed that injection bots are automatically detected, as the lifespan of my accounts using them has always been bad, and it almost seems like they ban you faster if you gold farm, even if its just looting when you train. - Could be because they prefer people botting skills, than goldfarming, if you goldfarm you wont buy bonds from them, but if you just train skills you still have to buy bonds. People theorise that 2-day bans are issued because they don't want to lose too much money banning potential subscribers. Would also explain why f2p bots have a much higher ban rate.

After looking at everything I've assumed over the years about the detection system, I'd have to assume interfering/pausing either does nothing or is a good thing.

I don't know anything about coding though, I think coders are probably better informed, since they could think how they would run the anti-detection system. Whereas none coders like me don't even know what's possible.

High asf my bad for the essay

#4 Leachh3h3, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    kartakkartak likes this.
  5. kartakkartak

I appreciate the essay actually. I've noticed in my attempts at using the NXT client that jagex actually spies extensively on your xorg session when using standard X+unix. I learned this because if you try launching the client under xwayland or an incomplete X server enviroment *that is "X -nocursor -bs && *insert terminal emulator here"* with the usual variables to emulate an X enviroment it still doesn't launch. So jagex is doing extensive testing of runescape3's client's X server at a minimum. I'd have to get legal access to the source of the java server and client for osrs to make any comments on what it actually checks or does. But I do know that the osrs java client launches in xwayland, but the NXT client will not..... One thing it also does is try to stay running in the background for "updates" yet continues using hardware acceleration!!! by not releasing the opengl context it made before closing. Usually a sign for screengrabbing, a simple "pkill -sigkill runescape-launcher" solves that though.

If I had to guess there's probably some standard propietary shitware out there that jagex uses for spying on unix enviroments and that's why xwayland fails so epicly. They are such an old company that I doubt their older programmers implemented it themselves, otherwise OSRS would have it as well.

From a programming standpoint if you were trying to detect botting you would have to account for the fact that alt-tabbing brings focus away or towards a window or *insert name here* in several enviroments. So figuring out which is an alt-tab and which is a window grab at a different spot every time by a bot can be non-trivial. I wish there were more topics like this as its somewhat interesting even from a non-botting perspective.