1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Questions about OSRS bans

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by Hughmongous, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Hughmongous

Hi all,

So I'm new to OSRS botting but have experience with botting in MapleStory (Both Global and Europe) so not completely unfamiliar with botting, bans, etc.

So, I created two accounts this past saturday to bot with. I figured I didn't want to suicide bot, but instead create long-lasting botting accounts that I could rotate doing high-level money makers.

This is what I did:
    • Manually completed tutorial island
    • Manually gathered 10-15 quest points
    • Botted attack/strength/defence to a somewhat okay level
    • Tried out a few bots, but finally went with woodcutting and herblore
    • Did woodcutting and herblore for 4-5 hours per day for 2-3 days, no ban
    • Used ApexCrabbing PRO to increase combat some more (3-4 hours) (with breaks)
    • Used ApexChopper PRO overnight to chop Yews and Willows (with breaks)
    The strange thing is, I logged in manually this morning to investigate the results of overnighting, put my stuff on the GE and logged out. Within an hour I was permed.

Questions
    • How quickly does a botting offence turn in to a ban? In other words, did my overnight botting result in the ban of that morning, or could it have been caused by another bot used earlier that day or the days before? (Doubt it, since the common denominator is the woodcutting bot)
    • Is there any guidelines on how to effectively use breaks to mitigate bans?
    • Are breaks even necessary, or can you just blast 4 hours per account and rotate 6 accounts to cover a day?
    • Does membership decrease the likelihood of getting banned?
    Any other tips or tricks to consider?

2. Swych

1) There's no telling, but generally long periods of botting increase chances (duh).
    2) Mimic your real life play style, but consider most bots wont fatigue or get slower the longer they play.
    3) You could do that, but it wouldn't eliminate a possibility of a ban. Some activites are just more watched than others.
    4) No but yes.

3. SlashnHax

Totally anecdotal and probably not accurate, but I've found that new accounts tend to get burnt really quick. What I've found that seems to work is to create accounts, do tutorial island, some quests, and some levels legit, then park them and forget about them until later. Then a few months down the line, remember them and start botting on them.

Seems to work pretty well, especially for accounts that you intended to play legit and then got bored of, like pures other pk builds.
    I also switch up activities quite often, bot a bit of agility, bot some thieving, then do a quest, then bot some slayer etc.

1. From my experience it tends to be in waves, you could log in regularly and not bot and then find the account banned a week or even months down the track.
    2. I personally rarely use breaks, but when I do I roughly base them off of how I'd normally play; a couple of 3-10 minute breaks in a hour, a larger 1-2 hour break after around 5 hours etc.
    3. I don't believe they're needed, I've been fine blasting 6 hour sessions on accounts. I would say they'd be smart decision for something like a 24 hour stint though.
    4. Anecdotally, accounts I've made member tend to last longer than non-member ones. But that might have to do with the fact that I don't make them members until I'm somewhat confident they're in the clear. I've also got a bunch of f2p accounts that haven't been banned so it could be some sort of bias due to using the member accounts more.

#3 SlashnHax, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  4. Suspense

Lately ive lost accounts within a day of making them, no matter what bot i use :S seems random.
    I've also had accounts run for 7 days at wintertodt, so who knows.