1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reminder to add auth to accounts

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by shadylp, May 8, 2018.

1. shadylp

So today my account got hacked.
    My runescape and origin account, they were both registered on the same email and had the same passwords.
    Nothing was stolen from it because of the authenticator i have installed on the RS account.
    I am pretty sure he got the password from runemate or tribot since I don't use other RS clients .
    Also I don't use shady websites beside that or click random giveaway links or stuff.
    I run a daily virusscan with paid antivirussoftware, so it dousn't seems like a keylogger or hack on my pc.
    --> All my other accounts like FB, steam etc have an auth or other passwords and are fine
    --> Only the origin account that had the same email and pass was hacked and got changed
    --> I only have my RS pass in the tribot or runemate client
    Yes, i also have an auth installed on either tribot and runemate, but if the client itself is infected or a script bot it dousn't matter.

I'm not mad, I just want to warn others that if you use botting software with high valuable accounts.
    1: Set a password that you dont use anywhere else
    2: Set up an authenticator for the RS account itself
    --> Only a bankpin is not going to make your account safe, if a client or script bot is infected with malicious coding it also gives away your bank pin.

Update: I got an infected script bot on tribot.
    --> Also allowed firewall settings for it etc, other accounts were also stolen.
    Be cautious when using tribot ;)

#1 shadylp, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. Wet Rag V2

I'd say he got the password from scammate