1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Review flow chart for bot

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by G4ngL33t, Mar 24, 2019.

1. G4ngL33t

Hello I'm new to Java and programming in general except for web dev, anyways I just got everything set up and decided to run with Runemate and make my bots with y'all, mainly for the full screen client.

So I started with Snufalufugus video tut on treebot love it btw, it unlocked a lot more for me using the flow chart and all. So I went about making a flow chart of the the bot I want to create, HardWoodGrove (hwg) using Snufalufugus tut. What I'm asking is a review before I start putting it into treebot and start programming it in general.

What my bot will do is cut mahogany, or teak in the hwg. using a glory to bank and return to hwg, ofcourse before returning directly their I will have to teleport to musa point via glory, then travel to the shortcut and cross via mith cb and grapple then return to the hwg pay the 100 trading sticks to get in. and start cutting trees again and repeat.

My bot will require the use of glory(6), mith cb, grapple, and axe ofcourse, and 100 trading sticks. also the shortcut, quest requirements, and membership. now that should make it easier for help in reviewing and advising me on my flow chart. Thanks G4ngL33t.

Attached is the flow chart.

Also little bit of a pain to not be able to just attach the .drawio, or even .7z extensions, but not really important.

EDIT: this bot is only going to be used for osrs, as I don't have the skills for rs3 or even play it atm.

Attached Files:

#1 G4ngL33t, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. Fabreze

Fabreze #1 Fabric Cleaner

Attach a screenshot instead of a zip, more convenient to view.

3. Snufalufugus

Why would you bank that way instead of using Rionasta ?

4. G4ngL33t

@Fabreze My screen res is not big enough..

@Snufalufugus Because it is only maybe a min longer if that to teleport to 2 of the 3 in the Glory, In that note I get about 300-400 an hr and I only use 100 trading sticks rather then 370. I mostly plank my way into bonds as I'm a mid lvl with stats ranging from 3 - 82, most of my high stats are combat and Wood Cutting. As you can probably figure I'm getting tired of the repetitiveness osrs and rs3 has to offer, but I do like the game though.

So after a lot of fighting with trying to wrap my head around the flow chart theory, I dove into a my mind blowing flow chart style coming up with this in Visual Studio. Note it is not organized that well yet, nor is it in finished condition as I was fighting the slowness of the program and the fighting to move the nodes where I wanted them ;p. I do have a lot of questions about this my main one being when It checks the equipment for the glories, will it switch to the tab in game before it teleports?

Also side note that is my 2nd attempt at creating a working bot via Visual RM, rather then trying to wrap my head around coding. Plus the fact I was trying to figure out how to add all that into the flow chart to see how it worked and kept coming up with trash ;p.

So a little explanation of it, and a few photos peaces together for my kind sir up their. First two pictures are from the first time trying to flow chart a bot out following video tutorial. Attached is the .json file to it if you want to check it out in Visual RM. Because my res sucks and I can't get a good few pics of it, and it would confuse you more looking at it through pics you can't read ;p.

Anyways starting off in the Bot it will be checking required lvls as it move's up wards north eastern like, it starts to check the invent for required item's branching off more to the east then hitting check points, sending the rest of the check under the main branch, once back up into the main branch it can be followed around the bend ;p which it then starts to run in instances instead of rerunning the hole code, once at the end like a type writer bring it back right under that you will see where it sends you off to the bank, checking to make sure you have 1 of the following Glories (5) (3) (1), if you have one it will teleport you to the bank and restart the code from the jump.

I will be working as hard as I can to re organize it the best I can with this laptop, also adding in the rest of the locations and going back through it once more. anyways like I asked in one of my paragraphs ;p. As I have not gotten it into the game just yet. When it checks the condition to make sure you have the Glory in equipment will it switch to the equipment tab in the game before teleporting?

And if I'm wrong would I be able to get a little side help with some Docs or more explanations on how it all works in Visual RM? I did find the site of the project, but found nothing in help. Sorry didn't mean to write a page ;p

EDIT: Oh I forgot to ask how do I bring that .json in ideal? I would love to see how the structure is via the language itself.

Attached Files:

#4 G4ngL33t, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  5. Snufalufugus

You can't convert directly from a visual rm json to java code.

Your tree has some flaws in it. Keep in mind that when you have a 'question' in a branch, that question shouldn't have to be answered again down the road. For example, in hardware grove area leads to the same question if you start -> yes -> no. Being in the grove should only lead to chopping or teleporting out.

It may help you if you separate your trees and consider them their own pieces, rather than one giant tree. For example, if you structure your tree well, you'll reach a point where the rest of the tree from there is only banking. Consider the banking portion to be its own tree, even though it's really part of the entire bot. Just merge them once they're complete. Some people find its easier this way since it's not as overwhelming.

6. G4ngL33t

Understandable. not bad for a first try though? I'll see what I can't revise for it tomorrow after I get some sleep ;p I've been up 24 hours playing around with it all.