RGBA: RuneScape Global Bot API

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Salvation, Jun 12, 2015.

1. When Java was first created, it was created to "write once, run anywhere".

With bots, this is not the case: you have to adapt your scripts bots for each bot! But no longer, because the RuneScape Global Bot API - or RGBA for short - will wrap around your script bot so that you can truly write once and run anywhere!

I have done this before, but most of the code is (partially) lost, so I am rebuilding this project from scratch. It is a proven concept, and cuts down development time significantly when releasing scripts bots for multiple clients, or one client that has a constantly changing API.

I am currently in the process of retrieving old enumerations containing data used by the scripts bots I had on RSBuddy and RSBot. After that, I will re-release the framework for the scripts bots. This framework combines the Strategy Design Pattern with the Finite State Machines pattern to allow a quick learning curve while still being very flexible and solid.

Contributions can be made by forking the project and creating pull requests. It is built upon Java 7 and you'll have to adhere to my codestyle, including the commit messages.

Because I do have a fulltime job as Software Developer at https://kaartje2go.nl/ and also live on my own (which means I do everything your mother does for you, but for myself) and I also like to party... I do not have much time! It will probably take a few weeks, but it'll be worth it.

Feel free to use this in your scripts bots, but I would appreciate a mention in your forum thread if you do.
    Qosmiof2, Insomniac and Bertrand like this.
  2. Hopefully it won't end up as "very soon(tm)."
  3. Will it be easier to learn than the Runemate API?
  4. [QUOTE="Salvation, post: 28397, member: 9"https://kaartje2go.nl/ [/QUOTE]
    I have used that site alot xd

Kinda like the concept :)
  5. The more help the sooner ;-)

Not sure if I can answer this. What it will be is consistent, and consistency does tend to make everything easier.

Nice to hear!
  6. Do you also do wedding cards? :O i am getting married 12/09/2015 and still need invites haha :D kinda off-topic @Salvation
  7. We have everything, and if we don't have it, you can create it yourself! Add me on Skype, I can help you out a bit more than this ;-)