1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Rogue's Den Bot stole my money...

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Rouge171, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouge171

Hello. I was trying to use the Rogue's Den OSRS bot to get the Rogue's set, but the script bot was SEVERELY flawed. I had to keep restarting constantly and click half of the steps myself. Well I botted for maybe an hour total with it (at .25cents an hour might I add) and it took a dollar from me. I would like to know how to get a refund for the time not used.

I believe the bug occurred when I would click stop on the script bot and restart it in an attempt to get it function properly. My assumption is your wallet is charged when starting the script bot, and not at the end of an hour.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #6 by American Express, Oct 1, 2017
  3. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

User error.

puppygirl likes this.
  4. Rouge171

I mean, I may have messed something up I won't leave that possibility out. However with that being said, when a bot refuses to work after getting stuck, and the only way to get it moving again is by stopping it and restarting that seems more like a bot error. @Squidl

Regardless the bot says .25cents an hour, not $1 an hour, which should be deserving of a refund in and of itself. I planned on spending the $1 all on this bot anyways, but I should at least get the 4 hours I paid for and not be stopped before I can even receive the Rogue kit,

5. Wet Rag

Your fault for restarting it, should've posted it in the authors thread. @Aaron Priest

6. Rouge171

That logic is flawed because it assumes the client is perfect. The client should not be charging at the beginning of pressing play. Instead it should take into account the actual time the bot is being used. If I bot for 5 seconds and my power goes out, that should count as an hour? No. It should not.

FeelThatWay likes this.
  7. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

FAQs exist for a reason:
    Tutorial - All about the Wallet and Premium Bots

If you ran the bot and it encountered a bug, and you were forced to stop/restart it, thus being charged again, post in the relevant bot thread providing supporting evidence to the bot author and it is at their discretion whether they refund you or not.

If you manually stopped/restarted a bot for reasons other than this, then that is on you.

puppygirl likes this.
  8. Rouge171

Marked as resolved, but for anyone going through old threads it was only resolved to the staff. Great client, terrible resolution services. Glad I didn't put more than a couple of dollars in.

9. puppygirl

puppygirl uwu :3

??? you started and stopped the bot multiple times, of course you're going to get charged for it. How is that not clear? The reason you are charged when you start the bot and not after the first hour is people can ( and would ) stop their bots before the hour hits.

Also fwiw if "you bot for 5 seconds and your power goes out" seems like a you problem. If you get this in arms about $.25 oh boy i don't even know anymore.

10. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

How else would you like this resolved?

puppygirl and EvilCabbage like this.
  11. EvilCabbage

If you want your money back, go bother the bot author and see if he's generous enough to give you the balance back, despite it being your fault.

puppygirl and Wet Rag like this.
  12. Rouge171

It's not the quarter lost. It's the principle. I would love to support the bot, but why would I continue to put money into it when it has the potential to charge me 4x posted pricing? The client should actively record the time the bot is used, therefore not wasting money based on starts and stops. The system is flawed. I'm not up in arms I'm pointing out an obviously broken system. I'm simply stating that until this obvious flaw is fixed I personally won't put money into it.

If I go into a sandwich shop and pay $5 for a footlong sandwich, I expect a footlong, not a 3' sandwich.

I would like the client to actually have some sort of time mechanic implemented so that I can spend more money botting and not feel like I'm getting shafted if the bot is bad.

13. puppygirl

the system isn't flawed, your logic is. btw if the sandwich shop you're talking about is subway, the footlongs aren't actually a footlong. *gasp*

14. Rouge171

If the first image that comes to your mind when you think of sandwich shops is Subway, you should try branching out *yawn*

15. puppygirl

seeing as it's the most popular sandwich shop in the usa, obviously that's the first that comes to mind. soooo?

16. Rouge171

So go find a local place, and eat a quality sandwich instead of that garbage. Also support your local community.

17. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

When you start a bot, you get the full hour of botting. If you however wish to stop the bot before that hour is over, it's your problem, not RuneMate's.
    Same as you get the full sandwich, but it's up to you to completely eat it, or throw away the rest.

Apparently you had to stop the bot because the bot itself malfunctioned. That happens. The best you can do is to let the author know so he can fix it. What were you expecting to happen after restarting the bot several times, that it magically starts to function well?

puppygirl likes this.
  18. puppygirl

you don't tell me what to do ;)

Rouge171 likes this.
  19. red

red

I personally think that OP is correct here. You can easily create a system to fix this problem by charging when you start a bot and just allocate an hour of usage for that user so if u use for 20 mins and u stop and you start again u get 40 mins before you get charged again
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Oct 2, 2017 ---
    This analogy doesn't work because let's say you eat half and save for later do u need to pay again before you eat the other half?

Rouge171 likes this.
  20. Wet Rag

To be fair the hour system needs to be scraped. We're the only platform that uses it and it's super inconvenient.

Aria likes this.
  21. red

red

This I agree with
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Oct 2, 2017 ---
    This I agree with

Rouge171 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.