1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved (RS3) Unable to run any bots

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by TheDude, Jan 21, 2018.

1. TheDude

TheDude Abides

(Rs3) Every since the RS updates on 1/15 Runemate seems to have randomly stopped working for me. To be clear, I am able to properly load up the RM client and start a bot, but it seems like the bot is unable to properly read the contents of the 'game world' - which eventually causes it to either error out, or my character to log out due to inactivity. This is happening on my main system, as well as virtual machines where I both A) previously ran the bot successfully [with zero changes to the environment] and B) hadn't ever even installed RM and it was still failing on a fresh install. The game.txt logs across all systems look similar to the one supplied below. I have also contacted at least one of the bot authors to verify that they have not received any reports of their bot being broken.
    I have tried:
    • Completely uninstalling and reinstalling java, all runescape versions, and runemate (including all associated files and registry keys for each) all to no avail.
    • Running the bot with inbound/outbound firewall exceptions, and also the Windows Firewall completely turned off.
    • I have verified windows updates as well as drivers are up-to-date and performed multiple system restarts.
    • I have also tried running the bot on all gfx settings from low-ultra, and tried opengl, directx, and safe modes. I have also tried resizable and fixed modes, as well as various combinations of interfaces within each mode.
    The setup I am running is:
    Windows 10 Pro v 1709 (build 16299.192)
    Ryzen R7 1700X
    32gb RAM
    1060 with 6gb vram
    Java build 1.8.0_161-b12 (which I believe was released within the last few days)

During the digging I have done, I have discovered the following in my game.txt log file (attached). There are bunch more entries similar to the one below:
    Code (Text):
    2. Creating a new rmi registry.
    3. Hijacking event queue.
    4. Hijacked event queue.
    5. Received command: _3
    6. java.rmi.RemoteException: Unable to reflect ix.uy; nested exception is:
    7.    java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: uy
    8.    at aux.IiiiIiiiiiI.this(ab:975)
    9.    at aux.IiiiIiiiiiI.this(ab:967)
    10.    at aux.IiiiIiiiiiI.uid(ab:152)
    11.    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    12.    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    13.    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    14.    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    15.    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:322)
    16.    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:177)
    17.    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:174)
    18.    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    19.    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:173)
    20.    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:553)
    21.    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:808)
    22.    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:667)
    23.    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
    24.    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
    25.    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    26. Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: uy
    27.    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Class.java:1899)
    28.    at aux.IiiiIiiiiiI.this(ab:924)
    29.    ... 17 more

Additionally, I have verified the steps listed here Groovy Shell warning "Could not open/create prefs root node ..." and made sure the registry key "Prefs" has full control for all users.

Any help or suggestions from anyone is appreciated! =)

Attached Files:

#1 TheDude, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by chad, Jan 22, 2018
  3. gazza1989

Following, i am also having exactly the same issue

4. chad

Might be a weird suggestion... delete your cache and also clear %temp%

TheDude likes this.
  5. gazza1989

You are a star! clearing the %temp% fixed the issue.

6. chad

@Aidden Can you add this to the troubleshooting thread?

7. TheDude

TheDude Abides

This worked for me as well.

Thank you very much brother! I was beginning to feel inept (as you can tell, I tried quite a bit to get it to work lol)

@kazemanie idk if your thread is the same as the one that chad mentioned above, but I thought it would be a good idea to ping you as well - as his solution might be good to add to your troubleshooting thread (or you could save Aidden the trouble if yours is the one chad meant)

#6 TheDude, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  8. chad

Yeah I feel you. I couldn't get any help with my error either.