1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Run OSRS/RS3 in 32-bit mode WITHOUT uninstalling Java

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Jux7apose, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Jux7apose

Okay so before we start, I'd like to point out my Java setup. I currently have both 64 bit JDK and JRE, and 32bit JRE. However, I'm 99% sure you will only need 32bit JRE to run RS.

This tutorial is aimed at those who have 64-bit Java, want to bot, but not uninstall their current Java versions. You will of course need to install 32-bit Java/JRE (labeled as x86 on Oracle.com). Assuming you have Runemate and the 32-bit Java installed, lets get started!

First, you want to go to where you installed the 32-bit Java. Typically it'd be under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\JREVERSION\". The folder we're looking for is "bin". Now if you're on windows 10, you can SHIFT+Right click the bin folder and copy as path, but make sure to highlight (click) the folder first. Otherwise, open the bin folder, and copy the path to it manually.

Afterwards, you want to open your System's Environment Variables. Under user variables, click new and give it a name, and paste the path to your 32-bit Java you've copied from before and hit ok, and ok.

[​IMG]
    PLEASE IGNORE "you could possibly include blablabla" if you want, you can try but I may not help

When you have all that done, we're going to create a shortcut to run RS in 32-bit mode. For this example, I'm going to be using OSRS. Locate the pre-existing shortcut for OSRS and create a copy of it and rename it to your liking, preferably add "32BIT" to the prefix to distinguish it from the original. Right click the newly created shortcut and select properties. In here, we only want to modify the Target box. Go ahead and copy and paste what I have below in the spoiler into the Target box, MAKE SURE TO CHANGE THE %YOURSHORTCUTHERE% to your shortcut you created earlier.

Code (Text):
    1. %YOURSHORTCUTHERE%\javaw.exe -d32 -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Xmx384m -Xss2m -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -Xincgc -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -Dcom.jagex.config=http://oldschool77.runescape.com/jav_config.ws? -jar jagexappletviewer.jar -Djava.class.path=jagexappletviewer.jar
    NOTE, you might have to shorten the Dcom.jagex.config url

Click okay and you're all set. Enjoy botting! Let me know if you have any issues, I will try my best to help you. I tried to make the guide as simple as can be.

#1 Jux7apose, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  2. vampyre123

for example, How should the target be? I couldnt figure out what "YOURSHORTCUTHERE" should be.

3. Jux7apose

What ever you set your variable name to be

For example, mine is JAVA32BITPATH, so i'd do %JAVA32BITPATH%\

4. vampyre123

I tried that and it didnt work, tried some other things and still not working :(

EDIT: I managed to get past that by removing the whole SHORTCUT and just keeping the javaw.exe, but sadly I'm still getting the AgentInitializationException error....

Attached Files:

• t1.PNG
      t1.PNG
      File size:
      17 KB
      Views:
    • t3.PNG
      t3.PNG
      File size:
      56.8 KB
      Views:
    #4 vampyre123, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  5. Jux7apose

Are you sure Runemate is running in 32-bit mode? I'm using this method and everything is working just fine

6. Yuuki Asuna

Make a Linux tutorial?

7. Jux7apose

I don't have linux and no experience with it. Sorry :\

8. dabestqq

REMOVED!

#8 dabestqq, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Jux7apose likes this.
  9. bluerose13x

maybe do a video of it? im more of a visual type to get it done ive been trying weeks to get it to work

10. Jux7apose

Pictures w/ steps isn't enough? :p

dabestqq likes this.
  11. bluerose13x

not really lol for some people just makes it easier for most .

12. Cephalus

So it opens up oldschool runescape how do i get it to open up rs3?