1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runemate and other bots

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by madesire, Nov 27, 2016.

1. madesire

Hi guys,

Just wondering is it true that Jagex can detect powerbot's client, haven't been using it and wouldn't probably risk now, but they have some pretty good quality scripts bots in there and this is the rune mate's problem that they don't. Been using runemate and it is amazing. If that's true that they are able to detect powerbots client don't you think that rune mate's community would increase as people will look for alternative as a result better scripts bots will be developed, but that doesn't seem to happen right now maybe it is all hoax and it isn't as bad as some people says I'm not sympathising for PB, but if ban waves would start I doubt that scripters and other people would waste their time and be in denial of it.. Also, it looks like some people are still using PB and they are pretty lucky if we could call it like that, a forum is still active and community isn't dead in there as well. I just want to discuss it. Share your thoughts

2. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Sure some people still use PowerBot, but I think I am not incorrect if I say that PowerBot is mostly a shadow of it's former self. It used to be one of the best botting clients available, but especially in the last few years it has just been not treated well enough by the executives to say it is still good.

I also think that a lot of people still use PowerBot because it is the first thing that pops up on google if you search for "Runescape bot", just because it used to be that popular.

And finally, as someone who is coming from Powerbot, and who has been a bot author there, after the big bot nuke it always had the tendency to be very risky to bot with, got detected every now and then, and the updates were very slow.

Edit: In regards to runemate, it has just begun to become popular in the last few months. From a developer's perspective, runemate always was very developer friendly in terms of the API (it allows very efficient use of resources, and allows bot authors to access many aspects of the game more easily).

However, with the 2nd version, codenamed "Spectre", debugging became a lot more difficult because it is hardly possible to draw something on the runescape client.
    The latter fact might be the reason for new bot authors to have a few problems getting into writing complex bots.

#2 Savior, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    Derk and Connorjuice like this.
  3. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

Your post is quite hard to read as it's one giant sentence.

But yeah, even though I'm expected to be chauvinistic about it, RM > PB any day.

Connorjuice likes this.
  4. madesire

I see rune mate as a next powerbot to be honest. The interface and client are very user friendly and it looks modern, has everything that could make it succeed except scripts bots and community if only more people would choose to make scripts bots for rune mate, it would blow up instantly. I remember those days when PB was a good bot and even made some basic scripts bots for myself back then, good old days... I was thinking about making some scripts bots for myself on rune mate how difficult is it? Is there any material to read and learn out there?

5. NobleFrenzy

As a now Goldfarmer for RS3 and a former Max caper i came from PowerBot been there since 2009 and stood there 3 years after and its been too detectable since then and even more now becuz they havent changed anything. Dont get me wrong they have more bots over there for every skill and the authors over there are decent but their coding is to noticeable and thats how Jagex detects

If you wanted to move here To runemate to get a Max Cape then this Site is your best choice.
    The difference between Runemate and Powerbot,Epic and other botting sites is that when you use sites like Powerbot and epicbot you will end up getting banned in a matter of hours or days their percentage of their players getting banned is 90% while Runemates its a 50/100.

6. Schaggy

There are some guides here just search around :)

7. madesire

I'm not saying it's not true, but where do you get these numbers from? Honestly, we can't tell that no-one can, I'm not arguing with you but if it's true we would see a significant amount of new people joining rune mate..

8. NobleFrenzy

I found runemate by giving it a try and Trust me Powerbot is the way to go if you wanna get banned

madesire likes this.
  9. madesire

Well I won't be going to PB for sure... The word needs to be spread about rune mate or else it could not make it to heights of PB. That's my main concern

10. chris121

back in the day when scar was the only option and powerbot was released it was a breath of fresh air.

certain important people who used to make powerbot good no longer work for them, script bot quality is very good but the powerbot it self seems detected when running over 40mins.

11. YubiBotter

My largest concern with Powerbot is their staff to be honest, Coma (imo) has been great even if his decisions were stern.
    Paris (idk what name he goes by anymore) is something of a manchild from my experience with him, I just don't feel like they have their head in the right spot to manage a community of their size.

Personally what I would like to see is a botting client that has a strong educational foundation, many bot authors use botting as a means of gaining experience and learning, however those with little to no knowledge really haven't a clue where to start.

12. chris121

yeah well normally, when you want to cheat in a game you only come to cheat not to learn how to make cheats.

13. YubiBotter

I don't believe that's necessarily the case, I have been around this scene for a several years and I know people want to learn how to create bots, yet simply don't have the resources to learn.
    A lot of the time people either don't know how to find these resources or simply don't understand the fundamentals of a programming language, which makes the entire situation too daunting.

Derk likes this.
  14. chris121

thats why i said normally