1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Runemate bots wont load..?

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by MJ2, Sep 9, 2018.

1. MJ2

MJ2

not sure what type of issue i could call this. I can open the RuneMate application just fine. I can log in just fine. but my bots wont load. every feature in the program works, and i can even preview my bots. however, when i try to start an instance, they just load for forever. any ideas? thanks.

2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

3. MJ2

MJ2

I hope this helps.

Attached Files:

4. Negrita

5. MJ2

MJ2

@Negrita okay, so how do i fix this? not sure what changed, it used to run just fine. (Thank you for finding the source of the problem :))

6. thefriday

You're trying to run a 64-bit program on a 32-bit system. I guess try installing Java x86.

7. MJ2

MJ2

@thefriday didn't work, any other suggestions?

8. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Uninstall all Java Runtime Environments and Java Development Kits. Uninstall RuneMate. Install RuneMate. It will auto-download the JRE that's needed.

9. MJ2

MJ2

@Arbiter good news and bad news. Iuninstalled all java applications and runemate. When I redownloaded runemate, it would run just fine. however, when i redownloaded "Java SE Development Kit 10.0.2", runemate went back to not working. Is there any way around this?

10. BOOM BOOM

Yes...Don't download JDK 10....

11. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

If you absolutely must have another JDK/JRE installed then try setting 1.8.0_181 as the default using JAVA_HOME.

12. MJ2

MJ2

@Arbiter yes, unfortunately I must have a JDK/JRE downloaded onto my system. I already have changed the variable settings and changed the pathing, but that doesnt work. I have had it pathed that way since before I created the thread. any other ideas? I realize this is a unique problem, thank you very much for helping.

13. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

It sounds like you know what you're doing so I will suggest something I usually don't. You can download the standalone jar and explicitly run it with JRE 1.8.0_181 from Powershell or Command Prompt, i.e. "C:\Program Files\Java\jre-1.8.0_181\bin\java" -jar "\path\to\RuneMate.jar". Functionality should be the same except for auto-update - you will have to download the latest jar when updates are released. You can automate both these steps yourself with a batch or Powershell script bot.

Our installers and native runners are supposed to only use JRE 8 automatically, but it seems that is not working for you. This is the first time I have heard this reported. We are in the process of updating our installer builder, so hopefully that fixes it in the near future.

Negrita and Wet Rag like this.