Question Runemate cannot detect runescape clinet

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Chingalingz, May 24, 2016.

1. I reinstalled both runemate and runescape, but now I get the message "We were unable to open your web browser for you. Please navigate to jagex-jav://www.runescape.com/l=0/jav_config.ws."

I clicked on the website but nothing comes up. I have no idea how to fix this

2. Where do you have Runemate and Runescape installed? Are they on separate drives/partitions?

Please post a log showing where each is installed.

3. [Debug] RuneMate Version: 2.1.8
    [Debug] Java Version: 8u92 x64 (Oracle Corporation)
    [Debug] Operating System: Mac OS X x64
    java.io.IOException: Failed to mail or browse jagex-jav://www.runescape.com/l=0/jav_config.ws. Error code: -10814
    at sun.lwawt.macosx.CDesktopPeer.lsOpen(CDesktopPeer.java:72)
    at sun.lwawt.macosx.CDesktopPeer.browse(CDesktopPeer.java:65)
    at java.awt.Desktop.browse(Desktop.java:386)
    at nul.iiIiiIiIiIiI.try(nob:102)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    We were unable to open your web browser for you. Please navigate to <a href="jagex-jav://www.runescape.com/l=0/jav_config.ws">jagex-jav://www.runescape.com/l=0/jav_config.ws</a>.
    Attempting to start official client. If it does not open shortly please do so manually.
    Checking for a new game instance every second for two minutes or until one is found.
    java.io.IOException: Failed to mail or browse jagex-jav://www.runescape.com/l=0/jav_config.ws. Error code: -10814
    at sun.lwawt.macosx.CDesktopPeer.lsOpen(CDesktopPeer.java:72)
    at sun.lwawt.macosx.CDesktopPeer.browse(CDesktopPeer.java:65)
    at java.awt.Desktop.browse(Desktop.java:386)
    at nul.iiIiiIiIiIiI.try(nob:102)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    We were unable to open your web browser for you. Please navigate to <a href="jagex-jav://www.runescape.com/l=0/jav_config.ws">jagex-jav://www.runescape.com/l=0/jav_config.ws</a>.
    Attempting to start official client. If it does not open shortly please do so manually.
    Checking for a new game instance every second for two minutes or until one is found.

4. Could you post the directory where Runemate and Runescape are installed please.

5. How exactly do I do that on mac?

6. Install the official client. Doesn't look like you have. Not the NXT client, the Legacy client. Follow the instructions in the walk through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Microsoft likes this.
  7. The latest version of the RuneScape Legacy Client for MAC can be found here: Download RuneScape
    [​IMG]

Direct Download: http://www.runescape.com/downloads/runescape.dmg?13042016

After you install this original client [and relaunch Spectre], it should work properly :)

8. helpful thank you