1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug runemate - fetching virus filled files

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Alex Cooper, May 6, 2016.

1. Alex Cooper

Previously I have never had trouble with runemate but now upon installing it in a very secure environment many viruses were detected in the install process when it was fetching/installing the client and some there after...I normally wouldn't complain though this has found on more then one account a trojan and a virus and for this to be a false positive is very unlikely though it is possible Fathale trojan is not actually a trojan it is not likely the other viruses this video will showare false positives.. this has made me very upset as a contributor and I feel very unsafe...having been a contributor for around a year now ~$5 a month I would like a direct explanation..

2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

False positive. Runemate is 100% safe and secure. Source: Bug - Antivirus is detecting a trojan | Community | RuneMate

Post the name of the anti-virus so @Arbiter can have the false-positive removed by the anti-virus.

Edit:

I see from the video it is Windows Defender - Windows Defender is very trigger happy and marks a lot of things as viruses when they are clean. Runemate is safe, Windows Defender is wrong.

Un-quarantine the file(s) so Runemate works.

#2 American Express, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016