1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Runemate is mischaring me

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Meetie7, May 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Meetie7

I wanted to speak to someone from Runemate. I clicked on start bot then closed it the next second because i wanted to start something else. Runemate charged me for the hour. I realized it's been doing that for quite a while. It charged me multiple times on one bot. I ran the bot for 2 hours i got charged for 4 hours, I didn't even stop it, just updated settings. Who do I speak to about this?

2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Tutorial - Wallet and Premium Bots FAQ

Why am I charged every time I start an instance?
    Upon starting the bot you will be charged for the first hour of use. If you only run the bot for 30 minutes, you will still have been charged for the full hour. If you stop the bot manually and restart it, you will be charged again. If the bot breaks, doesn't work or you are overcharged and you feel as though you deserve a refund, post in the relevant forum thread for the bot you are using, providing supporting evidence (eg: how the bug occurred and log files) and it is at the author's discretion whether they refund you.

Hit My Gong likes this.
  3. toking stoking

ive had the problem but the benifits outweigh the cost second just because u dont run it for an hour dosent mean ur not getting the benefits why would u run it for 30 mins only anyway it makes it sound like a user who says this just dosent wanna pay

#3 toking stoking, May 25, 2021
    Last edited: May 25, 2021
  4. Hit My Gong

Hit My Gong Bigkokski

Thanks good to know for future. I've had a bot break and stand over night charging me over a dollar for nothing...

Hopefully this doesn't happen again X D but if it does I may get a refund :D

Tbh I often use scripts bots for just 30 or 40 mins. Genereally not the more expensive ones.

5. Meetie7

LOL i ran the bot for 2-3 seconds. Like i click on start and stopped right away and was charged lol

6. Hit My Gong

Hit My Gong Bigkokski

That sucks man... I figured it out he hard way and wasted quite a few dollars... Luckily the scripts bots are pretty cheap to run.

7. Throwawayaccount2

Yeah the admins are pretty scummy in that regard. Could easily have it wait until 15 seconds have past but they prefer to be greedy.

8. Hit My Gong

Hit My Gong Bigkokski

Thats an assumption

CuppaJava likes this.
  9. Throwawayaccount2

Seems like a safe one, this is the only botting client I know of that uses runescapes original client, the creators are obviously capable of great things, a 15 second wait timer should be trivial to them. Not to mention the bullshit they make the user and bot creator have to go through. Contact the bot creator, wait, have the bot creator check the logs, explain what happened etc etc, all over some cents. Its obvious.

10. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

There has to be a cutoff at some point. If the rule was "it charges you 15 seconds after you hit run" rather than "when you hit run", it'd not only be slightly more confusing to explain but also just barely help as usually (I've found) it takes a minute or two to figure out a bot is just broken. There are other similar ideas I've heard that would work though so I get your point.

At least Runemate only costs a couple cents to run a bot once, rather than other clients where you have to pay up front for a bot? + most premium bots here have lite/trial versions.

I don't have any solid numbers on Runemate's earnings, but I'm quite confident that the money Runemate makes from these situations (where someone hits run on a broken bot) are negligible compared to the rest. The majority of runemate's income is probably satisfied repeat customers, not random people spending 8 cents here and there randomly. I would still like to see a solution that satisfies these users having issues though.

This is a common condition that a lot of bot authors decide to have, that to send a refund they require bot logs and proof of payment of some sort, but it's really nothing to do with runemate's rules. It's just authors wanting a bit more info on issues before giving a refund. I'm pretty lenient with refunds but I also don't get requested them often.

I do agree the payment system isn't ideal or anything btw, I do have my qualms with it/things I'd change, but yeah, just giving my 2 cents.

#10 CuppaJava, May 31, 2021
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Hit My Gong likes this.
  11. Throwawayaccount2

Your words would surely hold more weight than us commonfolk, have you tried bringing this up to the higher powers? Ultimately it would allow for a better platform for all.

12. Zedexer

Someone could easily have a separate bot that stops and starts a script bot every 10 seconds too with that rule, making all scripts bots free for them.