1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runemate ruined my other games

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Wifty31, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Wifty31

Downloaded Runemate because it seemed liable, worked great in OSRS but when I was done and uninstalled it made my other games glitch out. It's like the bot is still trying to take over my computer even though it's gone. My keyboard will not work for about 5 seconds and it will strafe one way when I'm not touching it. Along with this, it cuts my voice out of my discord call with friends. Honestly just so sick of this, if anyone has a fix lmk it would be appreciated.

2. dogetrix

restart everything, unplug that stuff, restart internet, reinstall gfx drivers. Never heard of this honestly, so it might be a non-runemate issue.

Wifty31 likes this.
  3. EvilCabbage

Definitely this. Never heard of anything like this at all, ever.

Hope you get it all fixed.

Wifty31 likes this.
  4. Rob K

Definitely not Runemate related lol.

zeke do work likes this.
  5. Geashaw

Show us a screenshot of your installed programs, perhaps some of them shouldn't be on any computer.

6. Lyrcon

Never had this problem before, and i have been using RM for on and off since 2015.
    I think you have to look further for what is causing the problem :(!

7. staffix

staffix Superior All Knowing Person!

lol.

zeke do work likes this.
  8. Negrita

Any crash report/error logs/event viewer messages?
    Linux, Mac or Windows?

Wifty31 likes this.
  9. Wifty31

No error logs or crash reports... Windows. I reinstalled all drivers and am going to test that.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 8, 2017 ---
    I started a conversation with the screenshots
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 8, 2017 ---
    Reinstalled all drivers, will give it a shot. Thanks!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 9, 2017 ---
    Nope nothing works. It has to be Runemate/ the bot because everything was perfect before I downloaded this shit.

10. Wifty31

I have contacted Discord, Blizzard, and even tried a whole new keyboard. Update: The issue only occurs in Blizzard games so maybe the bot is having a reaction with the files of just those games. I really don't know what to do at this point, I can't even factory reset my PC because it won't let me. I've spent 3 days trying to fix this and way too much time. Definitely not worth.

11. Wifty31

wtf is wrong with the Bot Authors and Supporters? Like instead of trying to help all I get is "Ure a retard, kys" and "lol" Yeah thanks for the fucking help.

12. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Because it's actually fucking retarded to blame this on RuneMate lmao

13. Arlic

There is absolutely zero chance that the Runemate bot is running and clicking things in another process.

14. Party

Party Client Developer

Just to clarify - does this happen only when RuneMate is open?

15. Mmaaikel

After he deleted RuneMate

16. Party

Party Client Developer

Then it's not RuneMate related.

Mmaaikel likes this.
  17. Reazons

How much computer experience do you have? I'm assuming since you cheat on RS you must cheat in your blizzard games. Of course most people want to try software for free so they'll go and find "cracked" versions of the software and actually install viruses which is what I think you have done.

Before you attempt to do a factory reset, go and install Malwarebytes. Do a thorough scan with Malwarebytes alongside Microsoft Security Essential (or what ever anti-virus software program you have installed).

If you have anything you need to save, use safe mode and get all the data you need and transfer it to a USB or something similar.

Do you actually know how to do a factory reset? A factory reset will resolve any non-hardware related problem. You can either do a complete fresh install using: Download Windows 10 or do a factory reset using: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17085/windows-8-restore-refresh-reset-pc

NOTE: DO NOT DO A FRESH INSTALL IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT DRIVERS YOUR LAPTOP/PC REQUIRES. IT IS A PAIN IN THE ASS TO FIND THE CORRECT DRIVERS IF YOU ARE INEXPERIENCED WITH FRESH INSTALLS.

dogetrix likes this.
  18. staffix

staffix Superior All Knowing Person!

The tags for the thread leads me to think of Abnormal prince...
    The memories :*(
    R.I.P.

[​IMG]

19. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

rootkit

20. MtDarkness

Hey, Wifty. Sorry you're having trouble with your computer. The language and tone that you are using certainly makes one wonder if you came here to be hateful or if you genuinely came here looking for help. Either way, no one here is attacking you.

If anyone here seems hesitant to give you the benefit of the doubt that Runemate ruined your computer, you'll have to forgive us because it's completely unheard of and many of us run this software daily. You said you uninstalled Runemate so it can't affect your PC, at least not directly. (see below) If you're implying that RM has some type of malware in it, a scan with any antivirus or malware software will show otherwise. Also, Runemate doesn't take over your mouse or keyboard even when it is running. It simply sends keyboard and mouse events to the Runescape software.

So here's what help I can offer:
    Installs and uninstalls, especially rapid ones without restarts in between or multiple ones at the same time, can make unstable changes to the registry. Sometimes these things screw your computer up in various ways. Before doing anything else, go find a regsitry cleaner software and run it. Always back up your registry before making any changes to it. I'm willing to bet this will help. If it does not and you have ruled out some kind of malware attacking your computer, then you should consider a reset to factory settings. This is always an option with any OS and has subsequently gotten easier with each Windows version. Good luck and sorry you're having trouble. I hope you figure it out and come back. This is quite an awesome community.

dtky and Tikii like this.