RuneMate Spectre Riddle

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Arbiter, Dec 1, 2015.

1. I needed a break from coding, so I created a little riddle for you guys. It will reveal the initial inspiration for the code name. It's not a trivial riddle, so I'll award a month of Supporter and my respect to whoever solves it. Have fun and feel free to collaborate openly on it.

[​IMG]

2. What am I supposed to do?

3. If I revealed that it would be all too easy. :p I will say it begins as a typical pictorial riddle.

4. illuminati

5. Doctor Octopus? (Guess based off the picture)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 1, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 1, 2015 ---
    Or Hydra From Captain America

6. Historical theory: Well a spectre is something that vanishes, so the only connection I can make that resembles an octopus is a Kraken.

Modern culture theory: Also, Spectre is a James Bond movie and the image is of an octopuss, so it could refer to the movie Octopussy.

7. RuneMate has 8 letters, Octopus has 8 legs, 8/8

8. Your theory has legs.

Microsoft likes this.
  9. Spectre - noun
    1. A visible incorporeal spirit, especially one of a terrifying nature; ghost;phantom; apparition.

Assuming RM Spectre is going to be undetectable, it fits the name?

10. "osrs" + "rs3" = 007 letters
    osrs + rs3 = jagex
    therefore jagex = 007
    spectre = runemate's new antiban tecnology (yet to be released)

007 against spectre = jagex against runemate's new antiban technology

PhaseCoder likes this.
  11. "SPECTRE is a dedicated fraternity whose strength lies in the absolute integrity of its members."
    ― Ernst Stavro Blofeld

^what this guy just said.

taken from wikipedia.

12. We know its Spectre, but i just saw this, and i knew it was spectre cuz if you watch the new Bond movie trailer, you can see this in the ring that Bond gets :)

13. i posted the answer before you even posted this thread

Qosmiof2 likes this.
  14. Im guessing its " Kraken "

15. No no no no no. “Kroken”’s how it’s pronounced in the original Scandinavian, and “Kraken”’s closer to that.

16. Lets go for both then hahaha

17. Lmao, I bet that Arbi doesn't even know what he's looking for. He'll just end up going to random.org and pick a winner.

Qosmiof2 likes this.
  19. Never watched that movie before. Got a feeling that i should really watch it sometime soon

20. U have never seen Pirates of the Caribbean?

What do you live in the stone age?

Qosmiof2 and creativeself like this.