1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial RuneMate through a proxy or VPN

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Salvation, Apr 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Salvation

Salvation First Bot Author

With the release of Spectre 2.0, RuneMate no longer contains a built-in proxy handler.
    There's a few things you can do to bot in anonymity.

• You can use a VPS as an external computer on the network of a hosting company.
    A VPS is a virtual private server. This is essentially a computer that you rent and that you can access through your own computer. The advantage here is that the internet connection is often very fast and very stable. Running RuneMate on a VPS also means your own computer can be turned off, which will be good for your electric bill and -in case your computer is in your bedroom- also for your sleep. A lot of free VPS providers block RuneScape by default, and even some paid providers also block RuneScape. When you Google for a VPS, make sure that they allow you to do whatever you want.

• You can use a VPN on your own computer to pretend to be someone else.
    A VPN is a virtual private network. This essentially means that you route all of your network requests through another network before it reaches Jagex' servers. Free VPNs often have terrible speed and quite limited options, so a paid VPN is definitely a good investment. Running a VPN at all times on your computer also allows you to be anonymous in any other activities you do, which makes spying by the government or your ISP a significant amount harder to near-impossible.

A relative new VPN provider is Ivacy. The advantage of this provider is that they keep no logs and they allow you to do anything you want, because they can never be held responsible. They are also very cheap if you pay per year, which makes them an interesting choice. They do not provide as many servers (locations) as others, but it's more than enough. Their cheapest plan is currently only $1,83 per year.

You can also opt for the more established HideMyAss provider, but it is more expensive.

Of course you can also Google for other provides.

• You can use a VPN as proxy just for RuneMate and RuneScape on your own computer to pretend to be someone else.
    This takes a little bit more effort than a full-system VPN, but it has some major advantages. Although many paid VPNs are quite fast, they're never as fast as your own internet connection. If you use a VPN that can be configured per application, you can enable it just for RuneScape-related applications, while keeping your other applications on your own (faster) network. This does not decrease your anonymity for RuneScape-related activities, but any other activities can still be spied upon by a government or your ISP. This is definitely an option you should consider.

Ivacy (as mentioned above) also provides this functionality.

Ivacy: Best VPN Service Stream Fast, Stay Anonymous & Surf Safely
    HideMyAss: http://hidemyass.com/vpn/r16821

2. Vahtos

@Salvation

I am interested in running multiple bot sessions at a time on RS3 with a VPN. Should I be concerned about Jagex/BotWatch detecting multiple accounts being played from the same IP. This seems like something that would be so very easily implemented by Jagex to detect people running bot farms. I guess what I am trying to ask is, is it possible to use a different IP for each runescape session using Ivacy?

3. Insomniac

I think hidemyass keep logs... just in case you're looking to do more than just bot.

Vahtos likes this.
  4. Salvation

Well, the only thing I can think of right now is to use a virtual machine for each bot, but it would double the RAM usage, if not triple it.

5. Vahtos

That's what I was thinking. So I guess if I wanted to have a small bot farm I should just use Ivacy at night/ a time when I am not botting on an account I care about at all (just in case they do track IP addresses at all). Speaking of which, I read something on the forums here a while ago about cache bans? As far as I understand it once you see a ban (on an account a part of your bot farm in this case) you should delete all of your jagex cache data to prevent such a type of ban/attempt to get all of your bots?

6. Salvation

Theoretically possible; can't hurt to delete your cache anyway.

7. Derek J

Is it possible to buy a SOCKS5 private proxy and set it up as a VPN so my whole internet uses it?

8. Ifartedlol

if your router supports ddwrt

9. Derek J

How would I know if it supports ddwrt? It is possible to go into the router page and tell?
    What VPN do everyone else use that uses RuneMate?
    Do anyone use OpenVPN?
    Thanks.

10. Ifartedlol

i use pia and i have used openvpn and bought vpn threw hackforum

11. Derek J

Ok. PIA looks good. Do they have their own client program or do you set it up manually like in OpenVPN?

12. Ifartedlol

i think they have both. but i use the client.

13. Derek J

PIA has their own client? Is PIA easy to setup?

14. Ifartedlol

there is no setup. you install and login in.

15. Derek J

Wow they do have a client. Easy too. They even give a socks proxy. Do you know if I can use the proxy with other clients? In other words do I get an IP address and user/pass I can use?

Thanks.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 3, 2017 ---
    Is it possible to stick with the same IP? It seems PIA has multiple VPN gateways. Wondering if the IP changes automatically.

16. Ifartedlol

You get a username and password for the socks wether it changes idk i don't pay attention.

17. Derek J

Nice. I need to get this VPN. Got banned again using the free VPN. Whats the max I should bot a day? How many do you do on same IP?

18. Ifartedlol

I run a farm so a bunch.

19. Derek J

What about using a proxy from VPSGamers which is Virmach? They offer a proxy just for RS. How would I set that up with RuneMate if there is no proxy support? Would I use it as a VPN? Like with the software OpenVPN?

Can a socks5 proxy be setup or used as a VPN?
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 4, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 3, 2017 ---
    Any idea how to setup OpenVPN? I bought a VPN and Proxy package from virmach. Know anyone that uses that with OpenVPN?

20. fullspektrum

When using a vpn i get
    FAILED TO BIND TO THE GAME CLIENT BECAUSE OF AN AGENTINITIALIZATIONEXCEPTION