1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Says i've used up 300 hours, Used 88 hours in one day...

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by creashun, Jan 7, 2018.

1. creashun

Hi,

To my surprise i got a message saying that i've already used up 300 hours of the bot today and normally i bot about 8-12 hours a day and i shouldn't have even got close to 300 yet...Then i checked the days and how many hours i used each day and one day pops up as 88 hours used. From as far as i know there are only 24 hours in a day so i'm not sure how i'd be able to use 88 that day, posted below is the screenshot, not sure why the bot bugged out and thinks i used that many that day, it's possible i used 8 hours but 88 is just lol. Please let me know how to proceed, I might buy more time anyways because i want to keep on botting and im not sure how long it will take to resolve this issue, but i'll be happy to get those hours added to my account. Thank you.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 29, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 29, 2017 ---
    I found out that if you use multiple bots on multiple accounts it adds up the hours, to clarify most of these days that i botted, i used the bot on one account only for about 1 or 2 days i've botted on a pure account i started which got 38 range i think, took about 4-5 hours to do that and i haven't used any bots for any other account except for my main.

I also leave runemate running even if i've stopped the bot but i do that every single day, don't think that should affect the hours?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 30, 2017 ---
    Can someone please help me? Pretty please?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 1, 2018 ---
    Day 4, still waiting....
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 7, 2018 ---
    Day 10 Still waiting for a response....

2. Best Answer:
    Post #16 by Arbiter, Jan 11, 2018
  3. tyb51

tyb51 Niche bots at your disposal

Multiple RM accounts is not allowed. Hourly allowance is per IP. If someone in your household also uses RM or you have multiple accounts (which is like I said, not allowed) you can see this happening.

Gengsta likes this.
  4. creashun

I don't have multiple RM accounts, I'm the only one that plays RS in my house, My 2 month old son and my wife don't play yet :p I only have that one account and i only played mostly on ONE rs account as well.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 7, 2018 ---
    @tyb51 Thank you for your reply! I'm excited to see a reply! yay!

5. tyb51

tyb51 Niche bots at your disposal

If that is the case, @kazemanie could look into it.

6. S Cript2

Make sure you're not using a break handler.

7. creashun

Wait i am using break handlers, but why does that even matter? Doesn't everyone use break handlers for safety instead of letting the bots run 24-7? non stop? Also even if the breaks that i used were wrongfully subtracted from the hours, It still wouldn't make sense how i got 88 hours subtracted in one day.

Once again Thank you both of you guys for the replies, I hope the admins take a look at this soon.

8. forbobo

tell me if i'm misunderstanding, but are you saying you start a bot, then pause the bot, and leave runemate open? If so, this would continue clocking your hours. Need to actually fully stop a bot to stop hours from ticking. And as you probably know, it's hours per bot per account.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 7, 2018 ---
    the time in break handler is included in your hours, so if you're actually botting for 50 mins, then break handler logs you out for 1 hr 10 mins, you've botted 2 hours total whether your account is logged in or not since its still using the runemate client. If you're using break handler on multiple accs that can fuck you up pretty quick if you're limited on hours.

9. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

Everything these guys have said is correct. Break handlers and pausing bots WILL use your hours as the session is still active. However, this wouldn't account for the 88 hours used in one day. The only way that happens is if you run multiple bots at the same time, thus adding up to a total run time of 88 hours. If you haven't been running more than one bot instance at a time i suggest making sure your network is secure as the only other way for you to have clocked 88 hours while only running a single bot instance is for someone else to be using your network.

I should also mention that if you're using a proxy, that's likely your issue as someone else that uses RuneMate could have used that IP and so the hours would have been clocked on both accounts to avoid users getting around the hour limit.

10. creashun

Thank you for your response Aidden. That all makes sense and i do understand running multiple bot in a single day could add up to 88 hours. That's all completely logical. The only thing is i only ran one account (My main) and the only other account that i have is a pure i started but i only level'd that account up until like 45 range, which i did all in one day. I never botted another account using my runemate account other than my main for 8-12 hours a day.

I can provide all the logs and i'm sure you can see how many accounts i have set up on runemate and i can even give you the password to my "pure" and you can see it's literally only got one skill level'd. I wouldn't be causing an issue if i actually used up the hours myself. It's not about the money i just want to let you guys know that it bugged out for some reason and my hours got used for no reason.

11. Aidden

Please see the rest of my message as i explained the only two ways it can be appearing to add up incorrectly, when in reality it's not incorrect.

12. creashun

Also not using a proxy and my network is secure there is absolutely no one using it other than me.

13. Aidden

And how long have you had the IP address that was in use when the 88 hours occurred?

14. creashun

About 5-6 months, It's not a college or uni IP either.

15. Aidden

Hmm well there's nothing i can do unfortunately. @Arbiter might be able to take a look.

16. creashun

Thank you Aidden, I hope he sees this topic sometimes soon :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 10, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 7, 2018 ---
    @Arbiter Please take a look at this matter when you get a chance. Thank you.

17. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

You had two long running sessions that ended on Dec 19-20 of 20-40 hours each. Since I don't have the time to investigate further to see if they were legitimate I just forgave them.

18. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

WAT

Aidden and Arbiter like this.
  19. Frank Bosworth

I seem to have the same issue. I'm the only one that plays, but it logged more than 24 hours in a day. That doesn't make sense. Does it log a minimum of an hour every time you log on or something?