1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Scammed / Hacked by Silence´s Blast Furnace

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Schrimp King, Apr 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Schrimp King

So i used Silences blas furnace and chose to smith about 4k adamant bars, i picked the logout after stop option bc i was out of my house. So when i came back, i was at the grad exchange and all my 4k bars, my 8mil in the bank, and all my valueable stuff is gone (blessed dhide kit, slyer helm...)

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by American Express, Apr 20, 2019
  3. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Sorry to hear that you were hacked, but I can assure you it wasn't due to RuneMate or Bot Authors.

I am posting below the same information I do every time this topic comes up to help clarify the situation:

• Are you sure you haven't used an easy to guess username/password combination?
    • Or that you're using a combination that has been leaked from an external database breach?
    • Or you downloaded a gold generator or similar program?
    • Clicked on any suspicious URLs from Twitch streams etc?

There is NO way RuneMate would hack you for your gold/items. We would not risk our entire reputation over the small amount of gold/items any user would have.

Furthermore, from the moment you enter your username/password combination in to the client, the information is immediately encrypted and impossible for anyone to read and use.

Bot Authors do not have access to your username or password. The only person who does is YOU.

There have been many accusations of this over the years and almost every single time without fail the user has later determined the fault occurred elsewhere.

Individual bots do not have access to credentials of any sort. In addition, every line of every version of every bot is reviewed by a proprietary scanner for malicious code and manually by a Staff member.

Regarding your computer, I suggest running a scan using Windows Defender and Malware Bytes and taking any recommended actions.

To summarise and make it extremely clear, RuneMate did not hack you and steal your items.

Folklore likes this.
  4. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

My copy pasta is better

feel free to debug any sorts of connections going from the client to the runemate server. you'll find that the only time it's transferring your accounts login information (IF you enter them into the client) are encrypted. they're encrypted with your runemate login credentials (maybe amongst other things, idk). Technically arbiter could use the rm credentials you're sending to the server by logging into the client to decrypt your players credentials.

Let's ignore that this is already extremely unlikely, but okay, it is a minor security flaw.

Now arbiter has hundreds of thousands of player account credentials. What's he gonna do then, just pick random ones? or go after a specific runemate user? there isn't even a guarantee those credentials are valid.

Runemate sends very few information such as gp in inventory, any rings of duelings equipped, or a part of your quest list, in order to build navigation paths using runemate's web. this data isnt even mapped to a distinct player you've added to your client, just to your runemate user.

Lets assume he'd go by the accounts with the most wealth currently in the inventory by using the data of a completely different service (it's getting more and more ridiculous as you can see). Now if arbiter logged into these accounts, you would see a lot of users complaining about locked accounts due to suspicious account use, namely differences in IPs, jagex does that pretty easily.

Now i've seen some ban reports, and i've seen some "hacked" reports, but i've never seen a single "account locked" report on the forums.

Please do not feel offended, i really just want to make things clear.

Skillergod and ricespud like this.
  5. creashun

Oh boy, If they were going to hack someone, you think they'd take 8mil off a noob? There are thousands of users with 100's of millions and some with billions but they are going to be picking your account for your 4k addy bars.

The exact reason you got "hacked" is probably because you are an idiot. Not trying to be mean but use your brain next time. Thanks!

Skillergod likes this.
  6. Skillergod

Creashun harsh but true

7. Folklore

If he used victim's RuneMate client as a proxy the IP would be same as user's

8. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Thats even less useful because he‘d need runemate to run while logging into users accounts, which is likely the time the account is being botted on anyway.
    But thats irrelevant since runemate doesnt even open any ports to act as a proxy.

9. Flextroci