1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Scanning the ActionBar ignores slots 13 and 14

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by SuperBotter, Aug 13, 2017.

1. SuperBotter

SuperBotter Super Bot Author

I noticed while testing my bots that the 13th and 14th actionbar slots behave differently than the others in the API. When there is something in the slots, ActionBar.Slot#isEmpty still returns true, even though #getName shows the name of the item in the slot proving that its not actually empty.

I've also noticed that ActionBar.newQuery().results.size() only returns 12 when there are actually 14 filled slots, but getting a query for the empty slots does get slots 13 and 14 (whether they're empty or not).

Its a very strange bug and the only way I found to work around it is to manually iterate though the slots (not using ActionBar.newQuery at all). Hopefully this isn't too hard to read, its late in my timezone. If anyone needs more information from me I would be happy to provide it.

2. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Hey, nice job uncovering this, you were right when you thought it was a client bug and @SlashnHax or @Party (although he's busy with other tasks) should be able to look into it and fix it quite easily. It's worth noting that the 13th and 14th slots on an actionbar are handled differently by the game engine than the other 12 slots are so it's not to surprising that something is inconsistent.

SuperBotter likes this.
  3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Dude this has been a thing for years lol. I just thought it would have been fixed long time ago :S

4. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Nobody made a thread and told me to check it.

5. EthanOpia

Any news on this? Was about to post a bug report about it before finding this thread. Also, any known way to circumvent this issue or to run queries on secondary bars? 10 slots with revolution taking up 6 of them doesn't leave much.

6. auxi

More actionbar support is coming, ETA unknown though.

EthanOpia likes this.
  7. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Updates?