1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simpes Quester [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Bot Support & Feedback' started by mejilaos, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil Jeep

Let me say this bot is fantastic. It worked perfectly up until Druidic Ritual where it simply hung. I tried troubleshooting it, even starting the conversation and resuming the bot with no luck. Might want to check on that quest.

2. mejilaos

Glad that you like it and thanks for the feedback. I will look into it when I get the time for it.

Would you like to send me your logs? It will be fixed faster if I can see what the bot was up to when it hung.

3. Lil Jeep

Sure, would you like me to PM it to you?

4. biggerbaz

just send it on here @Lil Jeep nothing personal about a log file.

5. meulsie

Ran flawlessly for the basic f2p quests that didn't require GE. Only stuff-up is as mentioned previously if the door to Wizard's Tower is open it will stand there forever. Great work mate!

6. drizzt89

adding good beginner quests such as fight arena, and waterfall just to name 2 would b very awesome :)

7. mejilaos

Great, thank you for the feedback. I will fix this. :)

Good suggestions, when I have the time I will definitely add those.

8. JamesPA

@mejilaos Something I noticed when running Rune Mysteries is that the bot gets stuck on the first door on the wizard tower, after adjusting the camera the bot walks inside and everything is fine.

9. mejilaos

Thank you for the input. It is a client issue and there is not a lot I can do about it until it is fixed. I have reported it.

10. JamesPA

@mejilaos
    Bot is broken. For some reason every quest is getting stuck on dialogue or if it buys things from GE it puts it in noted form (ie Doric's quest)

or in the instance of Druidic Ritual, takes out 180gp per meat but stalls and never does anything after it searches the item due to the item being more then 180gp.

11. mejilaos

Thanks for your input, I will investigate.

12. Diesel Dee

Hello! Thank you for this bot! It's great and very helpful for what I need. Much appreciated.
    It works very well in 99% of the runs I do.

Some feedback about the bot I have noticed after using it for a while:

-During Sheep Shearer quest, the bot has perfect accuracy when it comes to shearing. While this is great and all, it should also be noted that there are "Ram" lookalike sheep, as well as 2 penguins hiding as a "Sheep" in the pen. While it's just a theory, I think clicking/interacting with these lookalikes would make it seem more human like. I believe in a way these NPCs propose a risk to quest bots. For example, if the bot only has logic to interact with Sheep based on the id, it would never click Rams or the fake "Sheep". I have done this quest hundreds of times and I often still accidentally click the Rams or the Penguin "Sheep". Not really a huge deal, but still it couldn't hurt right? And maybe add 30+ seconds to the quest time if that to make a few mistakes.

-Bot gets stuck sometimes on the second door of the ground floor of the Mage Tower during Rune Mysteries quest. After opening door manually it will resume normally.

-Bot does not delay when attempting to fill bucket with milk during Cook's Assistant quest. The reason this is bad, is because sometimes the player will not fill the bucket if clicking the cow repeatedly, resulting in a loop of nonstop clicking the cow without the player actually performing the action.

-During Cook's Assistant quest, If the camera is in the wrong spot, bot will sometimes accidentally click the ladder down when on the top floor of the windmill. This happens right after it places the wheat in the hopper in an attempt to activate the hopper. After making this mistake, it can't tell it's on the second floor and just hangs endlessly.

I hope to see where this bot goes, really nice job so far and I really like the UI, simple but nice. :)
    Good luck!

13. mejilaos

Great feedback! I will take your suggestions into account :)

14. sammypoo

In the romeo and juliet quest the bot failed too pick up cadaver berry and went in a loop talking too the potion npc over and over, i was watching so i caught it after a 5 or so loops realizing it failed picking up the berry i stopped the bot and went to pick it up manually and then the bot got in another loop because he was going true the text bars too fast i had to manually stop the bot and do the text then kept going, maybe you could make it try too stop completely if it starts looping ? or make checks to make sure if you are trying to talk too the npc that you are carrying the berry and if not go pick it up since you 100% cant make the potion if you don't pick up cadaver berry's anyways.

15. Voxie

started the bot, It teleported to lumbridge to start rune mystery's. After it talked to the duke and started the quest it just sits there doing nothing now.

16. mejilaos

That's not what you typically want it to behave. I am working on several fixes. :)

17. critbot

mithril glove quest would be aweesome

18. mejilaos

Ok, I will add it to the todo-list.

19. mejilaos

20. heimerdonger

Anyone else having issues with this bot? it wont start ive used it before and it worked just fine but now it will just stand and do nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.