1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Somehow possible to draw on client?

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by Algo_, May 31, 2016.

1. Algo_

I take it it's not possible since there are no APIs available, but asking anyway; is it possible to draw areas or gameobjects on screen like other clients can?

Sent using Tapatalk.

2. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

[​IMG]
    srs: No it's not currently possible. Depending on your use case you can likely still get the info you need by being clever. If you absolutely need paint you can still render most things using draw methods in the API and paint them to a custom JFrame/JPanel. Of course you can't release a bot with this, but it provides all the debugging you could need. Only thing you can't do (yet) is get the game canvas to use as a background.

3. Algo_

Lol at the Soon

Anyways I wanted to check if a flood filled area is working correctly by rendering the tiles to the client, any advice on how to work around this? It's purely for dev purposes since I'm absolutely fond of the EmbeddableUI

Sent using Tapatalk.

4. SlashnHax

I personally use a transparent jframe :p

5. Algo_

Sharing is caring pretty please <3

Sent using Tapatalk.

6. SlashnHax

SoonTM in an open source bot, mayyybe

7. Algo_

Can you give me some kind of hint? I know models have a #render() method, but that requires a parameter Graphics2D to render to; but I can't seem to find how to get it to render to a Swing pane. (Never really used Swing; more into JFX)

Got it; for future reference: Painting Graphics2D in a JFrame