1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Spectre Development mode

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by mrcasual1, Aug 17, 2017.

1. mrcasual1

Back again with another noob error,

Every time I run Spectre through Intellij, it opens but then when I try to log in, it tells me I need to update client.

I uninstalled and reinstalled runemate, as well as tried to run it from the standalone version and nothing works.

I have followed all the steps necessary to setting it up, if someone could help that'd be great thanks!

@Party would you have any idea?

2. dogetrix

so it's the latest version? what happens when you update it?

3. mrcasual1

I still receive the same error. I've tried updating multiple times but nothing happens :/

4. Abysm

Do you have your depency "Runemate.jar" file in other folder than runemate's? Because I think it only updates that one

5. mrcasual1

Yeah I have it in the same place, I'll try updating again but it still doesn't work :/

Here's a picture of the error spectre.PNG

EDIT: One error I've found is that the current client is version 2.55.5 but as you can see mine is opening 2.49.2

#5 mrcasual1, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  6. Snufalufugus

You're running a different RuneMate.jar from the one that is updated. Go into your project structure in IntelliJ, and under Dependencies make sure your RuneMate.jar file path is C:\Program Files (x86)\RuneMate.

7. mrcasual1

This is what I have under it currently when receiving the error, this is correct isn't it? @Snufalufugus spectre2.PNG

8. Snufalufugus

This is what mine looks like. I'm not sure what that third entry is, but I don't have it so you probably don't need it there (I'm on windows 10).

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Try going to your C:\program 86:\RM directory and running the jar itself.

mrcasual1 likes this.
  9. mrcasual1

Fixed! That extra file was causing it to boot the older version for some reason. Stupid me, I should have tried that first but didn't want to compromise anything.

Thanks for the help!

Abysm and Snufalufugus like this.