1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Start developing

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by Tazmanian, May 9, 2023.

1. Tazmanian

2. Bing Bong

Bing Bong Bot Author

3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Here's the advice I usually give:
    YouTube tutorial of an entire basic TreeBot:
    A basic IDE setup tutorial (eg Michaud's): Tutorial - [2022] Setting up IntelliJ
    Runemate API jdocs: Overview (RuneMate Game API 1.15.2)

Beyond that, I'd just recommend playing around with it and finding example bots online. If you google "runemate github" you can actually find a lot of examples.

yox289, Tazmanian and Bing Bong like this.
  4. Tazmanian

Thanks for the reply, so the treebot video is still viable?(I guess cause else you wouldn't mention it) also is the structure used in coding still the right way to approach most projects? Is the treebot coding structure the way you approach problems? Or is it the easy way and there are harder but better ways to approach ? Or is Treebot the best skeleton for a project or the only way?

5. Bing Bong

Bing Bong Bot Author

Most developers on here will use LoopingBot rather than Tree/Branch but it's all down to personal preference.

With LoopingBot you have a bit more freedom. I would take a look at a few open sources that were released a few years back and see which you'd prefer to work with.

6. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I usually recommend starting with Treebot because it helps guide you towards good bot development patterns (like one action per loop). But you can use whichever. I use loopingbot, but taskbot also seems good.