1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Start instance with proxy?

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Flonk, Oct 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Flonk

I know that there is not built in proxy support in the runemate client itself, but I followed some older forum posts on how to use proxify. Basically I am set up to where any time an osrs client is opened, it is proxied. The issue is, even when clicking to start a new osrs client through runemate, runemate does not recognize that a client has been opened to be able to start instance (because it is through proxy). Is there any known workaround for this?

2. Jamtalaban

I can totally feel your proxy setup frustration with Runemate and OSRS. It's a bit of a headache since Runemate doesn't naturally play nice with proxies.

3. Moadkarcia

It's a common issue since Runemate doesn't have native proxy support. Your approach with Proxify is solid, but it's a bummer that Runemate doesn't seem to recognize the proxied client when starting an instance. In situations like these, it's worth exploring different proxy providers. They often offer more tailored solutions that can work better with specific applications like Runemate. You might want to check out pyproxy.com for some options. They could have a proxy setup that plays nicer with Runemate. I hope you find a workaround that smooths out your OSRS gaming sessions.

#3 Moadkarcia, Sep 28, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2023