1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

temp ban

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by mrtroyboy, Dec 5, 2018.

1. mrtroyboy

will they review and change to permant?
    should i appeal it?

wasnt botting but doing a quest and got logged out and banned.

account is under 7 days old member, have brought 6 bonds on account botted 88 mage and a few other stats. botted last 3 days probably for 40 hours gained 3.5mil mage xp alch/spash and mage of zammy

have another account 10days and same stats but 82 mage probably botted in last 3 days 20 hours. not banned. have used mobile app to play on this account aprox 3 hours. brought 5 bonds used different cc to pay for membership.. gained 2.2mil mage xp in last 3 days

Temporarily Banned
    Your account will be available again in 2 days. This may be earlier if you submit a successful appeal.

Please note
    If you commit the offence again you will be ban permanently.

LIST OF OFFENCES
    Your account has the following offences recorded.

LatestScroll up
    Date Offence Status
    05-Dec-2018 Bot Busting Moderate (ban) Not Appealable

#1 mrtroyboy, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

Bot busting moderate bans are (most likely) manual bans, so you were probably picked up by the botwatch system within the last 2 days and then a jmod reviewed your account today.

I have never seen one of these bans being changed to a permanent ban so you should be fine there.
    2 day bans are also not appealable.

3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Be careful once the ban is lifted, it's likely that the botwatch is focusing more on previously striked accounts

4. Dont Ban me Bro

Your account screams bot, just by posting what you did to describe it. You are telling me a New player, or account played 40 hrs out of the last 72? I believe that is called suicide botting nowadays. You are playing irregularly and come off as a bot. How can you not see this?

Wet Rag likes this.
  5. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

This was all your fault. Bot smarter.

6. mrtroyboy

I wasn't posting to have a cry I was just posting my results and what I had done to cause ban. I'm not complain about the bot/scripts bots. Compared to my other account with that used the same bots just less hours thanks

7. brandonlee

you keep botting like that please taking all the heat off the rest of us. Do the 24 hour challenge

8. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Thats not how botwatch works....

9. brandonlee

how does it shit
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 5, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 5, 2018 ---
    work

10. mrtroyboy

From what I can guess, the amount of hours you spend to much in a day no breaks will trigger bot watch also standing idle for 2+hours stuck etc will trigger bot watch. Then once its under manual review your dome for

11. Kunk

With jacmobs new "system" being able to tell players from bots I think played hours have something to do with it, play more humanlike, take a break fuck go to the computer and start a chat with a random and leave. long as it's "human" more than computer I believe we're safe. Runemate's done amazing things. Us as users can do more to protect ourselves. After your two day ban relax maybe make an alt preparing for that ban if you're going to choose to continue the journey on that account.

Gengsta likes this.
  12. NostalgicOld

If you bot again, you will be permanently banned.
    If your static IP isn't changed and you make a new account or continue playing on your separate account then it is possible that if you commit a first time offense on a new account with the same IP you will be instantly permabanned due to your previous record. Hope I could help!

13. mrtroyboy

actually i continued to bot on other said account and have just been banned 7 days later but only again for 2 days. static ip, but created on different ip

14. NostalgicOld

Permaban or 2 day?
    If it's a first offense you should nearly always be 2 day banned.
    If it's a second offense, you should nearly always be perma banned.
    If it's a first offense on the same IP as a perma banned account, it will nearly always be a perma ban.

15. mrtroyboy

so first account got 2 ban ,7 days later the other account i have been botting the same but kept going just got 2 day ban, same static ip address

16. NostalgicOld

The bans wont be related mate, botting gets people banned.