1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS3 Time spent playing each day is the biggest factor in bans?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gathicxv, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Gathicxv

I was browsing Reddit when I came across this post: http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/340l78/superheat_bots_exist_90m_60m_xp_undetected.

TL;DR for the lazy: A pair of bots were able to run for 1235 hours gaining 150M exp and gaining about 1billion GP in profit before they were even flagged.

Mod Balance's response was:
    "Sorted - they've been banned. They haven't traded any of the wealth off of their accounts either, so we've caught all of that. Weirdly, they weren't botting 24/7 - but the operator was probably on the same schedule as you (which is why you always saw them).

They triggered the system a week or so ago (I can't be more specific for obvious reasons), and were awaiting a review from the team before their ban. Clearly, we should've caught this sooner, so I've made sure that our ICU team are aware."

So, if I am not mistaken it appears as though...
    1. Jagex heavily bases their bans on amount of time played. Playing for 24 hours is not a wise idea at all...
    2. If you are going to bot according to a schedule, use random worlds. (Can we get the Lobby Handler to log us into a random world every time?)
    3. Trade off your wealth as soon as you accumulate a significant amount.

What are your thoughts guys?

EvilCabbage likes this.
  2. dog_

3. Dryrr

Runemate > rsbot/private client = suicide all day for me :)

4. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

So, if I am not mistaken it appears as though...
    1. Jagex heavily bases their bans on amount of time played. Playing for 24 hours is not a wise idea at all...
    2. If you are going to bot according to a schedule, use random worlds. (Can we get the Lobby Handler to log us into a random world every time?)
    3. Trade off your wealth as soon as you accumulate a significant amount.

1. I don't know how you based that of off Mod Balance's reply, but I guess it's partly true. If you stand out with 23 hours a day online you're obviously standing out.

2. Why should this matter? To prevent certain regulars in that world from reporting you?

3. Obviously.

5. EvilCabbage

Thanks for the post

#5 EvilCabbage, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  6. princeofdarkness

I apologize if i'm pointing out the obvious, but another thing I noticed that obviously Jagex care more about the bots running rampant on the money making skills.

7. Lad

Lad

This is a false assumption, I bot 24/7 and don't get banned with what i'm using.

Dryrr and dog_ like this.
  8. Prodigy

I think botting 24/7 is based on luck. If a method is known for being botted, you would probably get banned soon.

It definitely is a factor in getting banned

9. Dryrr

I disagree about the luck, sure maybe 1-2%, it's neglectable. It's about being smart when botting for 20hs+ a day. Don't bot at basic spots, don't alch where u know people will ask u what you are alching, etc. Also I do bot 20hs+ a day but I also babysit like 10/20. Ppl who get banned just throw the bot on a vpn or vps or some shit like that, don't look after it and get banned..

10. Manager

I have bots that bot at certain banks, i do change locations because i learned from the past.
    Anyways thanks for this information!

Gathicxv likes this.