RS3 Time spent playing each day is the biggest factor in bans?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gathicxv, Apr 27, 2015.

1. I was browsing Reddit when I came across this post: http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/340l78/superheat_bots_exist_90m_60m_xp_undetected.

TL;DR for the lazy: A pair of bots were able to run for 1235 hours gaining 150M exp and gaining about 1billion GP in profit before they were even flagged.

Mod Balance's response was:
    "Sorted - they've been banned. They haven't traded any of the wealth off of their accounts either, so we've caught all of that. Weirdly, they weren't botting 24/7 - but the operator was probably on the same schedule as you (which is why you always saw them).

They triggered the system a week or so ago (I can't be more specific for obvious reasons), and were awaiting a review from the team before their ban. Clearly, we should've caught this sooner, so I've made sure that our ICU team are aware."

So, if I am not mistaken it appears as though...
    1. Jagex heavily bases their bans on amount of time played. Playing for 24 hours is not a wise idea at all...
    2. If you are going to bot according to a schedule, use random worlds. (Can we get the Lobby Handler to log us into a random world every time?)
    3. Trade off your wealth as soon as you accumulate a significant amount.

What are your thoughts guys?

EvilCabbage likes this.
  2. Runemate > rsbot/private client = suicide all day for me :)

3. So, if I am not mistaken it appears as though...
    1. Jagex heavily bases their bans on amount of time played. Playing for 24 hours is not a wise idea at all...
    2. If you are going to bot according to a schedule, use random worlds. (Can we get the Lobby Handler to log us into a random world every time?)
    3. Trade off your wealth as soon as you accumulate a significant amount.

1. I don't know how you based that of off Mod Balance's reply, but I guess it's partly true. If you stand out with 23 hours a day online you're obviously standing out.

2. Why should this matter? To prevent certain regulars in that world from reporting you?

3. Obviously.

4. Thanks for the post

#5 EvilCabbage, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  5. I apologize if i'm pointing out the obvious, but another thing I noticed that obviously Jagex care more about the bots running rampant on the money making skills.

6. This is a false assumption, I bot 24/7 and don't get banned with what i'm using.

Dryrr and dog_ like this.
  7. I think botting 24/7 is based on luck. If a method is known for being botted, you would probably get banned soon.

It definitely is a factor in getting banned

8. I disagree about the luck, sure maybe 1-2%, it's neglectable. It's about being smart when botting for 20hs+ a day. Don't bot at basic spots, don't alch where u know people will ask u what you are alching, etc. Also I do bot 20hs+ a day but I also babysit like 10/20. Ppl who get banned just throw the bot on a vpn or vps or some shit like that, don't look after it and get banned..

9. I have bots that bot at certain banks, i do change locations because i learned from the past.
    Anyways thanks for this information!

Gathicxv likes this.