1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Trouble trying to publish my first bot.

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by SilenceP44, Aug 3, 2017.

1. SilenceP44

Trying to publish/make my first bot ( a basic draynor willow woodcutter). But I have some troubles, when trying to run my script bot locally I get the following error (50 % of the time) :

[Debug] Java Home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_131
    [Debug] Java Version: 8u131 x86 (Oracle Corporation)
    [Debug] Maximum Heap Size: 248MB
    [Debug] RuneMate Version: 2.48.1
    [Debug] Operating System: Windows 10 x64
    [Web Services] Connection authorized.
    java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Only a Thread within a bot's ThreadGroup may eavesdrop on the game client. Current Thread=Thread[pool-6-thread-1,2,[t-g]11332 - Silence's Willow Bot]
    at nul.iiiIiiiIiiIIi.short(zec:193)
    at com.runemate.game.api.hybrid.Environment.getBot(abc:72)
    at nul.iiiIIiiIiIiii.run(qtb:182)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    SDK mode is intended for active bot development only. As such, there is a three hour runtime limit while in SDK mode for users who are not Bot Authors. If you are an aspiring Bot Author, please continue on and best of luck! The moment you publish your first bot this limit will be removed. If you are an end user please contact your bot provider and ask them to publish the bot via the Bot Store, so it can be reviewed for safety. For more information please visit <a href="Implemented - Restrict SDK Runtime for End Users">the discussion thread</a>.
    java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Only a Thread within a bot's ThreadGroup may eavesdrop on the game client. Current Thread=Thread[pool-7-thread-1,5,[t-g]11332 - Silence's Willow Bot]
    at nul.iiiIiiiIiiIIi.short(zec:193)
    at com.runemate.game.api.hybrid.Environment.getBot(abc:72)
    at com.SilenceP44.bots.WillowBot.SilenceWillow.logText(SilenceWillow.java:94)
    at com.SilenceP44.bots.WillowBot.SilenceWillow.onStart(SilenceWillow.java:57)
    at com.runemate.game.api.script bot.framework.AbstractBot.short(dcb:12265)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Found this from 2015 whitch is the pretty much the same problem but I didn't find a solution there:
    Bug - UnsupportedOperation: Only a Thread within a bot's ThreadGroup may eavesdrop on the game client

Another problem ( that i thought was solved in Resolved - Why do I get this error?):

When trying to push my bot I get the following message:

Unfortunately, none of your bots have advanced to the next stage of review. Before you consider pushing another update, please review the following suggestions, warnings, and/or errors.
    • com.SilenceP44.bots.WillowBot.SilenceWillow doesn't appear to have any content.
    • The Bot Pusher looked through your svn repository and wasn't able to find any bots. If you committed your code correctly than this is most likely caused by either a missing or invalid manifest. It's also common to see this occur when code has been packaged into multiple modules because it's unable to resolve a single source root.

This message has been automatically generated by RuneMate's Bot Pusher. If this was the result of a mistake or misclick on your part, please do not feel the need to respond/apologize. If you have any questions or concerns, just respond to this message and an Executive will review your comment shortly. Happy botting!

My svn is the same as the included zip file.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 19, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 18, 2017 ---
    My sdk Limit is nearly reached so rip.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 3, 2017 ---
    bump

Attached Files:

2. kermitt

So here is your problem. In your manifest you define the main class to be found at "com.SilenceP44.bots.WillowBot.SilenceWillow" which is great, that is probably correct and im guessing it works fine in dev mode. The problem is you did not check in the folders for the package, rather you only checked in the source files. Therefor when the bot manager tries to find the file it uses the path found in the xml but the package folders are not there. my suggestion is to use the following command.

Code (Text):
    1. # For unix/linux systems
    2. svn del *
    3. svn ci -m"Deleted all files"
    4. cd (to top level source folder)
    5. svn add *
    6. svn ci -m"added all files"
    Dont worry about the error I had that too and from what I can tell its just a dev mode problem.

#2 kermitt, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    SilenceP44 likes this.
  3. SilenceP44

Hey! Thanks for the reply, I didn't understand fully what you were saying but I got the general idea of the problem and I managed to fix the problem. I fixed the problem by uploading the empty folders/ packages in which the bot was located (because my manifest needed them which I didn't think about). After looking back it's a pretty silly problem. But thanks for the help :)

4. kermitt

No problem. Sorry for any excess jargon.