1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug [Ubuntu 18.04] Spectre freezes when starting OSRS client

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Odell, May 6, 2018.

1. Odell

I'm running the latest Ubuntu 18.04 desktop.
    I downloaded RuneMate for Linux (downloads a script bot and I ran as root).
    Then I installed RSU through the PPA repo and installed Java. The OSRS client can run successfully from the RSU launcher.

I am able to login to the Spectre client, but as soon as I try to launch the OSRS client from the File menu, Spectre completely freezes and I have to force quit. I've waited up to 5 minutes to see if it recovers but it doesn't. I ran it from the terminal to see if it was getting an error but nothing is generated after pressing the button to create the new client. I tried running Spectre as root, thinking that maybe it was a Linux permission issue, but the same thing happened - no improvement.

swedens likes this.
  2. swedens

Interesting, nothing I can help you with, but I would love to hear from someone experienced with running RM on Ubuntu 18.04.

3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Does RM officially support Ubuntu? I don't think I've heard anyone use it on linux.

4. Odell

There is a Linux download link here: Download | RuneMate
    It downloads a bash script bot to run as root to install RuneMate.
    RuneMate supports RSU: rsu-client/rsu-client
    RSU supports Ubuntu 18.04.
    Therefore, RuneMate should support Ubuntu (besides, it's one of the most popular Linux desktop distros).