1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Upload info

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by BoneCode, Jan 10, 2015.

1. BoneCode

I do not know if this is already in place but just incase it is not this suggestion is an idea like the exception log. When ever the script bot encounters something the author needs it sends the information (objects, npcs, players, items etc) to their developer panel.

Example;

Hypothetically let's say there is a dungeoneering script bot (wink wink, hint hint) and a new boss is encounted it will then send data off the bosses name dungeon etc

2. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Well although bulk data collection through that method would be a good idea, I feel it's use is rather limited. First of all, if a script bot is in the store the majority of the data for it should probably have already been collected. There obviously are a few situations where it is understandable to not have all the data, and in these situations it would be useful. I feel like a feature like this would be most useful when you're trying to fix a bug that doesn't through an exception, however if you know exactly when to dump the data you likely know how to fix the problem already.

3. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

However, if you set up an endpoint to collect, store, and process the data yourself, I'm sure that would be fine.