1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved User account credential logs

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by ricespud, May 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ricespud

This is a shot in the dark but I created a new OSRS account, ran it through tutorial island, and botted chickens for about an hour Sunday night. After one of RuneMate's last updates (I believe the OSX patch), the "accounts" section was cleared and it would appear I have forgotten the email I used for the new account. Just wondering if RuneMate saves a log of things like that in ProgramFiles or something. When I botted before I was sure to keep all this information in a text file somewhere to help me keep track of my bots but this time I think I was rushing to catch GoT. Thanks, and I'll pay more attention in the future (y)

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Arbiter, May 3, 2016
  3. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Unfortunately we do not keep logs of such things, for obvious privacy reasons. Accounts were cleared as a part of an annual security audit. We do them every so often to prevent potential loss from hijacked RuneMate accounts.

4. ricespud

Ah, not surprised in the least and actually we should be thankful for such measures being taken to protect privacy and security. Thanks for the quick reply, I will be more mindful of my account names from now on. I swear thinking up non-gold farmer sounding names is one of the hardest parts :p

5. Salvation

Salvation First Bot Author

You can buy your own domain and have unlimited emails with your own name :)

6. ricespud

It's not the emails it's actually generating names that don't sound suspicious like the goldfarmers' do.

7. Party

Party Client Developer

Nobody sits there at Jagex looking at name that look fishy :p
    Your name won't make a 'huge' difference.

8. ricespud

True, but my thought is that other players are more likely to report someone with a name like "48spring27" than "ricespud" :cool:

9. Party

Party Client Developer

Honestly 48spring27 doesn't even sound that fishy. I thought you meant like liliiiliiili1ili