1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2.2.7.5 [silent update] [collision flag caching]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cloud, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

We gotta be quiet since it's a silent update...
    * @SlashnHax has implemented an experimental feature designed to speed up RegionPaths, reachability checks, and many other aspects of the api by allowing you to enable collision flag caching. This is brand new and is opt-in via the Region class. The flags will be cached when enabled, and then periodically recalculated when it's been determined that the flags have likely changed (certain object invalidations, state changes, etc).
    * Fixed an issue with the video ad on some os's
    * Fixed an exception that was caused by a missing return. This exception was causing developer log spam, sorry guys but you can thank me now.
    * Updated the default rs3 web to have better weights for lodestones and doors.

Anything else guys @SlashnHax @Arbiter

proxi and AlexH666 like this.
  2. RaptorlJesus

The update affected Alpha fighter beta, as afterwards it began slowing down on selecting targets to attack and from the info bar comparing to pre and after update

Pre: 63k xp an hour
    After: 37k xp an hour

Just letting you know.

Edit: It idled for so long it just logged me out and the lobby handler had to put me back into the game....
    And I see the animation of clicking appearing, but it is doing completely and utterly nothing, not to mention it appears in timed out gaps

And it began failing to loot again, which I haven't seen in a while...

Starts off ok Gradually gets slower

#2 RaptorlJesus, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  3. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Post this in the Alpha Fighter thread to bring it to @SlashnHax's attention too

4. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

Fuck yeah. Any idea when this will be added to the web as well? I'm assuming it will be after you're satisfied there's no issues with it on regionpaths?

5. SlashnHax

Noticed and fixed. It was because I removed the caching from my API when I implemented it into the RM API. I now use the RM API's implementation.
    Technically it's used in anything that gets the flags from Region.getCollisionFlags(), so you should be noticing improvements in a few areas, including reachability checks.
    Also, it's for RS3 only, OSRS doesn't need it.