1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Varp/Varbit loaded Locally?

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by ThePeach, Apr 15, 2017.

1. ThePeach

I've been slowly collecting data from a farming patch (two allotments, herb patch, flower patch and compost bin) for the past 2 days. I've basically got everything I need so I started to move to a tree patch (not near first patch) and found that I've got the same Varbit id for each (4771).

I've deduced that this is a Varbit id for loaded patches, however this fks me pretty good. From memory I thought they each had separate id's for each patch in the game.

Question: Am I mistaking this for an older version which has been made redundant for optimsation purposes?

I've also got the same Varp id (529) for each patch.

Question: Will I have to keep this bot working with local varp/varbit id's and determine which location I'm at to function correctly (Severely hinders my plans) or is there another way I'm missing?

Regards,
    ThePeach.

Edit: 'value' to 'id'

2. SlashnHax

OSRS or RS3?

3. ThePeach

OSRS, Sorry.

4. SlashnHax

Ahh, okay, interesting, I've only looked at RS3 Farming Varps. By the sounds of it you will need to determine which patch you're at, which kinda sucks as you can't keep track of the other ones in real time.

5. ThePeach

Mind sending me some data from RS3?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 15, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 15, 2017 ---
    Further investigation has shown that there is a pattern to locations & varbits. I can work around it but still think there's a way to do it globally.

If I recall correctly, an amulet in the game can detect the state of a patch. I would assume this is client sided with settings. I was also able to do this several years ago (3, maybe 4?)

At any rate, I'll update on how everything goes.

Update: Seems only Varp 529 contains information regarding farming patches. This is broken down into Varbit's by the client which are significantly easier to manage. Old data suggests each patch had a 32 bit value (int) with each bit containing data for the patch (0-255). It is possible that updates to OSRS forced the dev. team to make changes to the old varp storage. It is likely that this is caused by some values requiring 16 bits instead of 8 and over occupying pre existing variable structures.

#5 ThePeach, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017