1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Viewing your bots flow in a diagram form

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by generalsensei, Jul 14, 2021.

1. generalsensei

Was wondering if anyone was interested in learning how to render their bot flow in a diagram as shown in the image ive attached to this thread. Its definitely help me figure out splits in my logic flow much easier than having everything pictured in my head, and has saved me countless hours to date.

Attached Files:

CuppaJava likes this.
  2. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

I suggest you just explain the process flow instead of asking if anyone is interested because at some point someone will most likely be interested.

3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Sounds really neat :) I'm not totally sure if I'd be able to apply this to my bots (as my code has become very much not-modular over time, it's kind of a mess :p) but I'm sure lots of other more organized devs would find good use for it! I used to draw out diagrams similar to these with pencil & paper when I was starting, and this would have been much better than that.

4. dahnae

Nerd

CuppaJava likes this.
  5. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Yes, I'm interested. It could be useful for detecting infinite loops programmatically.

6. generalsensei

Ill make a video and how-to writeup sometime this week for you guys, and yes you are correct, this is actually why I wanted to render a visual like this to begin with. I kept accidentally generating infinite circular dependencies with my tasks