1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial VisualRM Tutorial (RS3 Fishing)

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Resources' started by Gear Headz, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Gear Headz

Hey guys I put together a little tutorial on a very basic way to fish on RS3. I know that there are several ways to accomplishing the same task this is just how I did it.

RS3 Fishing VisualRM - YouTube

Like, Comment and subscribe to request any bot.

#1 Gear Headz, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    TheDude and tyb51 like this.
  2. tyb51

tyb51 Niche bots at your disposal

Thank you for making a tutorial. Great to see some people trying to help others. In VRM you can do stuff in very different ways and yours is one. I'll give you some advice though on how to avoid unnecessary nodes and increase performance for your next projects..
    - For one: isVisible and Distance to an entity is all handled within the interaction nodes. Also I suggest using the interaction nodes with the defined action instead of click. Special interaction is for special cases and click might cause unwanted misclicks.
    - Also the bank actions include traversal to the nearest bank, opening the bank doing the withdraw/deposit action and closing the bank. So you can just do, If Inventory is full -> depositAll.
    Note: If this behaviour doesn't bring you to your desired bank you can make your own logic of interacting and reaching the desired banking.
    - Good to see you use checkpoints. If i see it correctly you use it to keep the workspace clean, but they also provide the opportunity to optimize your bot. By assigning the checkpoints as root node you can only run through the nodes of that checkpoint, thereby saving CPU resources and increasing speed. This brings us to the next part. "Return to start" is also only necessary if you use checkpoints in which you assign as root node. You use them to get out of the assigned checkpoint loop back to the main one. You use them at the end of all nodes but that is not really necessary. It is not bad though, gives the tree a finished look, but if you have very large bots every node you can miss is good due to java memory constraints.

Anyway, goodluck and have fun developing. Maybe you can use some of these techniques in your part 2.
    PS: Sometimes the integrated logic does not suffice your needs. Then you can look into making your own distance/visible/entity choices.

3. Gear Headz

Totally noted, my next tutorial I will use only the depositAll function as intended I actually wasn't aware of that feature. I knew if the node was left open then it would return to start anyway but I wasn't entirely sure of how to use it properly so yeah, I will take a lot away form your reply. Thank you for your response.

4. tyb51

tyb51 Niche bots at your disposal

Np, and as I said, it might not bring you to the bank you want, but it's always advised to try it out.