1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VPS for botting

Discussion in 'General' started by elixum, Dec 6, 2016.

1. elixum

I am planning to offer VPS for botting, here in Runemate community.

But before that i would like to know what you think about the following plans:

1-
    6GB Ram
    2vCPU 3.4GHz
    100GB HDD
    Windows 8 & 10

$ 21
    2-
    8GB Ram
    3vCPU 3.4GHz
    100GB HDD
    Windows 8 & 10

$31.50
    3-
    12GB Ram
    4vCPU 3.4GHz
    100GB HDD
    Windows 8 & 10

$42

I would like to hear opinions

#1 elixum, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  2. Geashaw

What about pricing and support?

3. elixum

Already update with prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 elixum, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  4. Geashaw

And the thing about the support you provide? And why use windows instead of say ubuntu? And how many bots can each one run without lagspikes? And how is the connection to the machine made?

5. elixum

We have a support department via skype or ticket, all related to the machine only.
    Windows OS because the ease of use for some people but any OS could be deployed.
    1 - 2 , 2 - 3 and 3 - 4 bots
    The connection is with RDP like on all windows servers, then you can install teamviewer, nomachine, splashtop or whatever you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Geashaw

All right :)

3-4 bots with 12gb ram? Damn

7. elixum

What?
    Too bad?

8. Geashaw

That's be 3-4gb of ram per client... I think that's a bit much.

9. Driftson

Driftson Shooting up KFC's

Cut the ram to 4/6/8 and reduce the prices a little

10. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

[​IMG]
    Just for a reference, this is me running Alpha Fighter (RS3) on one account, as you may notice 3-4 GB ram per client is a huge overkill.

Geashaw, Driftson and Wet Rag like this.
  11. elixum

I offered that memory because the memory does not cause me problem with the price, What would affect the price would be the vCores.
    I can offer Ram up to 16Gb (4 - 16) in any of the plans but the price would still be the same.

To lower the price would have to lower the cores to 1,2 and 3. But with 1 vCore is not enough to run it without problems. that is why...

12. Driftson

Driftson Shooting up KFC's

ahh k then just keep the memory then to avoid out of memory errors since ocassionally scripts bots like to suck it up.

13. elixum

Thats what I thought, more memory to avoid this problem

14. New Botter

Just curious, what's the specs of the server node? Will the cpu be fair share or abusable? Why hdd instead of ssd? (Seeing as how you're offering hdd plans, it automatically makes me assume you are reselling some cheap dedicated servers you got during black friday sales) Will every plan offer a dedicated ip? Will you allow clients to switch their ip at all? Will you be offering clean windows installs, or..? You won't get any serious responses if you don't provide more information. Tbh, it would probably be smarter to offer linux plans so you can offer cheaper plans since you won't have to pay for windows licensing (or are you?)

15. elixum

The nodes will have E5 and E7 family. Totally right, starting because the cores cant even be shared between the machines because of the operating system.

The HDD because of price issues, I want to keep plans as accessible as possible

I didnt get any dedicated servers during Black Friday, I've already had some time on this. but I did sell a few on Black Friday ;)

Obviously every machine would have its ip, like any VPS or Server service, only each new order will have new ip. But you can always use proxys or vpn

Of course they are new windows installations every new machine, This is not RDP service lol

As I said before, I can offer any linux distro but doesnt change the price.
    Since I'm not paying for the windows license, I already have them and I'm not charging them

16. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Why should I purchase from you when I get exactly what you're selling for free from google

17. elixum

We will never suspend your account, you can continue on google if you prefer to make an account every two months or buy it

And we provide desktop operating system, is more fluid in desktop experience issues than windows server

18. max4186

You can't realistically offer a good service at that price, they will be slow and laggy and you will be making next to no profit meaning you won't be inclined to give good support. Not being a cunt, just a realist.