1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WARNING: BANK EMPTIED

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by SnazzyBazzy, May 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnazzyBazzy

Not sure which bot it was used a few majority were named MAXI and what skill they were for.. logged in today with my whole bank emptied over 100m all the items of worth and all the cash. Yes I had a pin code. No I never told anyone only place I had ever written all that info was on this application...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Only used PRO versions.

bladesrequiem likes this.
  2. cmb

cmb

Another person on here posted something like this.
    Rule 1- never put your main account info into a bot database. Always login then start bot.
    Rule 2- never enter your bank pin into a bot database.
    I learned my lesson back in the powerbot days.
    If you REALLY care about your account. Authenticator.

3. Skillergod

Doubt it was runemate , you may have got phished

4. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Sorry to hear that you were hacked, but I can assure you it wasn't due to RuneMate or Bot Authors.

I am posting below the same information I do every time this topic comes up to help clarify the situation:

• Are you sure you haven't used an easy to guess username/password combination?
    • Or that you're using a combination that has been leaked from an external database breach?
    • Or you downloaded a gold generator or similar program?
    • Clicked on any suspicious URLs from Twitch streams etc?

There is NO way RuneMate would hack you for your gold/items. We would not risk our entire reputation over the small amount of gold/items any user would have.

Furthermore, from the moment you enter your username/password combination in to the client, the information is immediately encrypted and impossible for anyone (such as Bot Authors) to read and use.

Bot Authors do not have access to your username or password. The only person who does is YOU.

There have been many accusations of this over the years and almost every single time without fail the user has later determined the fault occurred elsewhere.

Individual bots do not have access to credentials of any sort. In addition, every line of every version of every bot is reviewed by a proprietary scanner for malicious code and manually by a Staff member.

Regarding your computer, I suggest running a scan using Windows Defender and Malware Bytes and taking any recommended actions.

To summarise and make it extremely clear, RuneMate did not hack you and steal your items.

T a x x x, SnazzyBazzy and Emmer like this.
  5. lordgaben

Lol. This guy keeping 100M+ worth of stuff on a BOT account where he has all of his information connected to a third party website. I'm not saying it's Runemate, but it's just common sense, mate. Even if you didn't get emptied. You are risking getting banned and losing that 100M every single day anyway, you dolt. Mule your stuff off to a main that isn't associated with RuneMate at all nor bot on it.

6. Changes001

did u use authenticator ?

delta likes this.
  7. delta

Good Anti-Virus Program, KeyScrambler PRO, Bank Pin, Authenticator via Phone

I am sorry to hear about that, best of luck.

T a x x x likes this.
  8. SnazzyBazzy

lol I don't care about it, just warning people.. the 100m isn't a problem. that was part of the money that was made on the account.. the stuff/money I care about isn't on an account that's botted on moron..
    --- Double Post Merged, May 25, 2019, Original Post Date: May 25, 2019 ---
    nah never press any links or anything. don't watch twitch. its not a big deal was just curious if it had happened to anyone else. every password/user is different on everything don't even use the same emails on stuff. im quite anal when it comes to stuff like that all my password are random generated with symbols letters number uppercase etc.. and yeah I highly highly highly doubt runemate had anything to do with a measley 100m cash and maybe.. 50m of item would be absolutely stupid. was just stating that my password/user was only In the client and which bots I had used.

9. Fabreze

Fabreze #1 Fabric Cleaner

I had my main hacked a few months ago and also had the first instinct to become suspicious of Runemate which is funny as I've developed bots on this very client. To this day I still don't know how my account was hacked but I can assure you it wasn't Runemate, I've enabled the authenticator both on email and on the RS account and haven't had issues since, would recommend everyone else do the same to avoid any situations like this!

My best guess is that somehow my password was guessed, either through just running combo's of passwords over and over, or maybe through leaked database info! Doubt we'll ever know for sure though :/

SnazzyBazzy likes this.
  10. SnazzyBazzy

yeah I agree with you I had written this moments after I realized..
    and yeah I recognize your name.. agility bot I believe! god what a horrible skill.. im not sure what happened either or how I got hacked but did the same you did.

Fabreze likes this.
  11. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I'm always really curious how these people get hacked, since I'm 99.999% sure it has nothing to do with runemate and the people always claim to be very careful, never clicking links or anything.

My bet is still on a phishing email or twitch scam (which you say you didn't fall for). Or a small chance of some db breach on runelite, or some keylogger.

12. Fabreze

Fabreze #1 Fabric Cleaner

yea who knows honestly, point is if you use an authenticator on both your email and RS account, anyone trying to get into your account besides yourself will have a hard time.

13. SnazzyBazzy

Yeah. honestly I really got no idea. im actually really careful online - I NEVER press links even on youtube ill search the video out myself.. I don't use twitch.. I do virus scans daily. it was crazy it really made no sense..

14. Diesel Dee

This is most likely due to downloading RuneLite or other custom os client.

15. bladesrequiem

they didnt get in my bank today, just my worn items.. but yes i got got as well.. thread bump for POS hackers

16. subways

I got hacked the other day. without getting phished or having a keylogger. Dont have your real password in bot login.

17. Diesel Dee

@subways If you think RuneMate would risk a long-standing reputation for your accounts' items, you're sadly mistaken. 100% guaranteed you downloaded a fishy client or did something stupid. This doesn't happen by accident. It's you bro

Aidden likes this.
  18. bladesrequiem

ive got the official client and the updated RM bot. reputation my ass, when accused the first thing you people do is blame the one scammed.. flawd client this, twitch thread that, you are stupid if you leave your bot on your account with stuff people cant steal etc.. clearly reputation means nothing to you twats, 5m coins or 7$ was enough value for one of you with access to account details to decide they wanted someone elses stuff more then the owner did and didnt give a rats ass about your reputation.. it doesnt happen by accident, clearly putting any account details into the bot was the wrong move and left me liable for some lame cuck to take pocket change from someone with a passing fancy. 2 weeks of rs from nostalgia and im done. later dumbasses, enjoy your dwindling clientele...
    PS wont get another dime of premium funds from me, enjoy losing a paying customer and berating them after you stole from them too, quite pathetic.. but this is you we are talking about soo...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 9, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 9, 2019 ---
    that one was at you Diesel btw.. it had nothing to do with anything besides giving the client any details so break handlers could be used.. utterly useless to defend the behavior as anything less than what it is. theft, not so much negligence as blind trust now betrayed.

19. Diesel Dee

I apologize if I've offended you, but you're absolutely wrong. 100% chance you compromised your account in some way doing something negligent. First of all, every single bot is reviewed by Executives, there is zero chance a malicious bot exists unless it's pushed by an Executive themselves, which is highly unlikely considering what RuneMate as a business, stands to lose in the long-term. Second of all, do really think your account is even remotely desirable to people who have been in the botting scene for years, and have the skill to create any bot you can think of? Much more is at stake than your items and GP, it's all a matter of perspective.

EDIT: "5m coins", you're really upset over 5m and blaming RuneMate? LOL

20. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Well yeah, that's because it's not runemate's fault lol. That's like if someone mugs you for $3 and you go up to your best friend and say "Hey you mugged me. What do you mean someone else mugged me? Hey don't blame the one who got mugged."

Btw that's what happened here, you got scammed out of basically $3. Just buy a couple mill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.