1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug WebPath

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by K00lJ33, Apr 6, 2020.

1. K00lJ33

I've been working on a bot for cowhides in the nw of lumby with banking in draynor, All I keep getting is path is null from getlogger.

Code (Text):
    2.     // Set's the path coordinate
    3.     Area.Rectangular GoOutterBankArea = new Area.Rectangular(new Coordinate(3087, 3263, 0), new Coordinate(3170, 3239, 0));
    4.     // Build's the path
    5.     WebPath OutterBankPath = Traversal.getDefaultWeb().getPathBuilder().buildTo(GoOutterBankArea.getRandomCoordinate());
    6.     if(OutterBankPath != null) { // Make's sure the path is real.
    7.         OutterBankPath.step(); // Steps down that path.
    8.         Execution.delay(5000,7000);
    9.     } else getLogger().warn("Could not generate webPath in GOBA");
    The only real WebPath I get to work is a leaf that I have set up with the same code above, yet the bot is already within the area and has no problems moving around in the area.

The problem i'm having is area to area, aka loot area to bank and bank to loot area. I sent a message to cloud, but am wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if so might there be a fix?

2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Howdy.

While this is indeed the correct sub-forum for this post, this sub-forum isn't very active.

You'll likely find a quicker reply in the #development channel on Slack: Join RuneMate Chat | RuneMate

Good luck :)

3. Hansjepansje

I experience the same issue with my webpaths:
    Code (Text):
    1.         WebPath webPath = Traversal.getDefaultWeb().getPathBuilder().buildTo(c);
    2.         if (webPath != null) {
    3.             webPath.step();
    4.         } else {
    5.             System.out.println("WebPath is null");
    6.         }
    Where c is a valid working coordinate. I also keep getting null paths.

4. K00lJ33

Will check it out guy, but If all the info is just chatted then why get mad when the same answers proceed? For those that actually do get mad, not saying you are ;p.

I would believe they did an update with the last Easter gig? Can anyone point this topic to the custom web for WebPath?

Bit off topic, but saw it a few times here and there while watching the bot. I've seen the bot become stuck so to speak in place, and the code would still be firing through and trying to move the bot. Although I did confirm it was not a null problem with the WebPath as I got loggers to debug it. I've seen this in a working WebPath as I stated above while inside the area the WebPath has no issues moving around within the area, that is when I saw the bot become stuck a few times, and watched Intellij continue, and saw the game client trying to instruct the bot.

#4 K00lJ33, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020